Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TRACKDAYS > PacedayZ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews of Alcarras with Pacedayz - Event Date: 22 October 2015 - 24 October 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Reviews of Alcarras with Pacedayz
    Posted: 27 October 2015 at 14:43
Back from Alcarras with Pacedayz and what a mega event with a great bunch of people :D

If anybody else was there it would be interesting to get there opinions 
Trouble View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trouble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 15:27
Here's mine that I posted on the 675 forum:

What a great time we had in Alcarras.

Arrived on Thursday to a glorious sunny Spain, the hotel was really funky, the entrance full of boxed veg!, cow settees and pop art pictures, our room had a snazzy shower with loads of multi jets to squirt you all over, a sauna and a jacuzzi. Down to the bar for some drinks, banter and sign on then out to dinner. Being a bit OCD (me never!!!) I bought some bleach and ran it through the Jacuzzi to make sure it’s all nice and clean. Off to bed for an early night.

Each day the weather was perfect, a tiny chill in the morning but soon warming up to between 20-24˚ and dry for all 3 days.

Alcarras circuit is brilliant, never been before and Pacedayz are the only UK company that go there, lots of twisty bits, so great for the 675 but also combined with a couple of nice straights that are long enough to make it important to get the drive on to them right, but not so long that you are sitting there waiting for all the 1000s to catch you up and pass. The track also has some great gradient changes with a big drop down a hill, a bit like the plummet you get at Portimao, blimey it takes a while to build up and drive down as fast as you dare. 10 lefts and 4 rights so a good chance to use the other side of the tyre for a change. What a great track, it’s definitely being added to the favourites list and we’ll be going back again soon.

Day 1 was spent getting to grips with the track and finding out where it goes, we’d done our homework before setting off, so had a good idea and some reference points so it all came together quite well, days 2 and 3 all about building up speed, especially down that amazing hill.

I haven’t done that many track days this year and last time out (Mallory at the end of September) I felt rubbish, nearly 3 months off the bike and my head wasn’t in it, I was riding round waiting for the chequered flag just waiting the sessions out, at one point I was thinking “this really isn’t for me any more” I really felt I’d lost the desire to push and go fast. I’d also had similar feelings, but not so bad at Oulton at the start of July, so I was a bit concerned that I didn’t like track days any more.

Luckily I think it was just not being on the bike regularly enough, as when I jumped on at Alcarras I took the 1st day nice and gently to get the track learnt, didn’t pressure myself to push and go fast too soon and just enjoyed myself. I normally gauge how well I’m riding by how much behind Hollywood I am. A 5 second difference on a track this sort of size is my typical cut off point, faster than that I’m doing OK, slower and I’m being rubbish. Hollywood was riding well as normal, peddling Big Fat Bev round as fast as she would go whipping past lost of snazzy 1000s as normal. We ended the trip with me only half a second slower, woohoo!!, yippee!! and all those things, people were laughing at me as I got of my bike after that session and was doing a little excited dance.

I worked really hard over the 3 days and had a blast. Ending each day sharing a bottle of wine in the Jacuzzi with Hollywood whilst we debriefed the day and made plans for the next - heavenly

Pacedayz are a great crew, well organised and very friendly. The days ran well and there was only 1 red flag (I think) over the 3 days. We were out like clockwork on the dot for each 20 min session. The instructors are great as they actively ride in a lot of session and are proactive in coming and finding you for a chat and seem genuinely interested in how you are doing. A guy called Dave would every now and again go past me in some of the sessions, sometimes pull in front to maybe correct a line slightly or just give an encouraging tow for a few corners afterwards he would catch up for a chat and was so enthusiastic, he’d obviously chatted to some of the others as some of the other would come up and say well done etc. The whole crew were very friendly and made the effort to walk around the pit garages and have a chat, rather than hiding away.

So overall a brilliant trip, roll on Almeria in December – can’t wait.
Me:

Hollywood:

infamyinfamy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infamyinfamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 18:32
Top trip and Pacedayz excellent as ever.  Hotel a bit "quirky" but clean and tidy plus restaurant up the road v good and v cheap :D

Definitely go again with them(that would be my 4th time).

Top marks to Craig, Jane, Tracey etc......

morganjac View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganjac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2015 at 19:40
Must admit it was my first euro trip with pacedayz, and it
won't be my last.
So far the friendliest by far, and nothing is too much trouble,

The circuit was really good, had a bit of everything.
but was a bit hard on tyres,
my rear Dunlop slick new in for day 2 lasted 5 sessions and was destroyed.

think I need to get my suspension set up a bit better,

Day 1    I was doing 1min 48s
day 2   ------- 1, 45s
day 3 ------  1,44s
so pretty happy with that.
anybody considering doing a event with pacedayz, don't hesitate
they are a first class organisation. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
Daz
samr1 View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote samr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2015 at 07:16
Just returned from Alcarras with pacedayz ,absolutely brilliant these guys know how to run track days ,just one briefing on the first morning followed by 3 sighting laps and that was it ,no lunch time briefing or more un necessary sighting laps ,everything was done to give you maximum track day time ,instructors were at hand should you need them but we're always approachable no arrogance just good sound advice ,hotel was clean and tidy with good spa facilities,staff were friendly ,all in all a great time run rings around another companies euro track days I've been ,will def be back next year
Thanks again
old enough to know better ,young enough not to give a f**k
pjc View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2015 at 15:58
I was there with Sam and the rest of the guys from the YamahaR forum garage 12, this was an excellent event, well organised doesn't go far enough. Hotel yep different but it was right up my street. They even provided sandwiches to take to the track, nice touch that especially as the track cafe was bursting at lunch time
The track its self was very technical and suited both 600 and 1000 bikes equally, saying that the 1000 were the bike to be on; on the long uphill start finish straight.

I would defiantly recommend both Pacedayz and Circuit Alcarras 
Despite the cost of living it remains popular and I don't fancy the alternative
welshmattr1 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote welshmattr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2015 at 18:25
Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

I was there with Sam and the rest of the guys from the YamahaR forum garage 12, this was an excellent event, well organised doesn't go far enough. Hotel yep different but it was right up my street. They even provided sandwiches to take to the track, nice touch that especially as the track cafe was bursting at lunch time
The track its self was very technical and suited both 600 and 1000 bikes equally, saying that the 1000 were the bike to be on; on the long uphill start finish straight.

I would defiantly recommend both Pacedayz and Circuit Alcarras 

Didn't we have fun Boyo.  lollol

Matt
SAFE....
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welshmattr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2015 at 18:28
Yep had a great time won't be my last trip with Pacedayz.

No stress nothing was an issue and more importantly no 30 minute briefing/lecture every morning.

thumbsup
SAFE....
infamyinfamy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infamyinfamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2015 at 19:36
Originally posted by welshmattr1 welshmattr1 wrote:

No stress nothing was an issue and more importantly no 30 minute briefing/lecture every morning.

thumbsup

Exactly.

You're treated like adults and expected to behave like one.......surprise, surprise it seems to work.

Only 2 reds in 3 days (v short as well), no one hurt and lots of track time because of it thumbsup

poddington View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote poddington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2015 at 20:50
Best euto track day i have been on. Good laugh in first (and only meeting ) on day 1. Left to get as many laps in as possible. Good banter in bar with fellow riders and pacedaz staff. Just made to feel like a rider not a cheque. Well done tracey and all involved. Booking portimao for next o t
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welshmattr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2015 at 17:43
Originally posted by infamyinfamy infamyinfamy wrote:

Originally posted by welshmattr1 welshmattr1 wrote:

thumbsup

Exactly.

You're treated like adults and expected to behave like one.......surprise, surprise it seems to work.

Only 2 reds in 3 days (v short as well), no one hurt and lots of track time because of it thumbsup

yellow flag in novice day two afternoon as i took a trip in the gravel lollol

all good though.
SAFE....
carsonr6 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carsonr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 17:04
Just seen this, was a great trip, even if one of those red flags was me!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic