Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2009 Z1000 track bike cat B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2009 Z1000 track bike cat B
    Posted: 20 March 2019 at 11:14
Here is my 2009 Z1000 track bike.
It is a CAT B write off, so cannot go back on the road, it is for track use only.
I bought this last year to use as a track bike as i was having major issues with my back at the time, and wanted a bike with a more upright riding position, I have now got a smaller lighter bike, which i find easier to load in and out of my van.

It has 11,300 miles on the clock, and was written off by a previous owner when nearly new, it suffered damage to the all the usual stuff, but the main issue was the frame spar that runs alongside the engine on these models, this was grazed and deemed unfit for further use. This is a bolt on part so was replaced along with the other damaged parts, which is how it stands today, to look at you wouldn't know it had been damaged.

It runs and rides spot on, i used it on track last year with no issues whatsoever, it has been stood in my garage since my last year. I charged the battery up today (19/03/19) and it fired up instantly and ticked over perfectly. It will need a once over check before it's ridden, but it's basically ready to ride.

I have the original V5 and the report from when it was declared a write off.

It is fitted with the following...
Shorty levers
Pirelli supercorsa tyres - at least a full days riding left in them
Renthal bars
Twin cans of unknown make with no baffles, but always passed noise test with no issues
Brand new JT chain and sprockets with +1 on the rear
Crash bungs
Undertray
Polished wheel rims
It will come with a spare rear wheel and a set of wets

All the engine and frame numbers are intact
The paintwork is okay, it was originally White, but the previous owner painted it Green.

If you are looking for a track bike that's just a little different, this could be right up your street !

Please feel free to ask any questions
Dave 07584 342877
Wobbler View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 19:25
open to offers
Wobbler View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 15:57
SOLD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic