Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2015 Yamaha R1 Track Bike with Massive Spec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaViNaToR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 Yamaha R1 Track Bike with Massive Spec
    Posted: 14 January 2018 at 20:07
Here for sale is my 2015 Yamaha R1 Track/Race Bike.

This bike has never been crashed or dropped and has only ever been used for European track days not club racing etc so it has had a reasonably easy life compared to most bikes of this high spec!  I am pretty anal about my bikes so can honestly say that it is wanting for nothing and is ready for its new owner to use straight away.  Oil has been changed after every event using Morris 10w-50 and genuine Yamaha filters as recomended by Seton Tuning.

The bike was originally purchased by someone who did around 800 miles on the road and then bought some of the parts now fitted and turned this into a track bike.  It was used for a couple of UK Track days and then a European Event by the first owner and then I bought the bike in October 2016 and have done 3 European Trackdays since.

When I bought the bike I took it straight to Seton Tuning in Essex for a full check over as well as all of Setons recomended remap and Autoblipper etc as well as the K-Tech Suspension refreshed and upgraded to full Seton spec as well as sprung and set up for me (11ish Stone without gear).  The AIS system was removed with proper block off plates fitted and the standard flapper in the air intake removed etc, all of this work was completed by Seton then put on the Dyno for the remap where it produced 203.24 BHP with Dyno print out.

Phil Seton also checked that all applicable recalls and work had been completed and the bike was wanting for nothing.  I also had Seton fit the Motoholders Rear subframe and new Brake lines.

Full Spec of the bike and details are as follows;

Engine and Tuning:
2203 Miles on the Clock (800ish Completed on the road)
Seton ECU remap producing 203.24 BHP (With Dyno print out)
Cordona Strain Gauge Quickshifter/Autoblipper sensor (Fitted by Seton and currently in setup in Race Shift)
Domino quick action throttle
AIS system removed and racing block off plates installed
Air Intake Flap and actuator etc removed
MRW Full Race Superbike Air Filter
Samco coolant hoses
Arrow Full Exhaust System with Akrapovic end can (Arrow can included but Akrapovic makes more power)
DID 525 gold Race Chain (1 Euro track day old)
Renthal 525 Race Sprockets (1 Euro track day old)

Brakes:
ABS Bypassed
Brembo RCS Master Cylinder (1 Euro Track Day old)
EBC GPFAX Pads (1 Day old)
Venhill braided brake lines
Galfer Wavey Discs front and back
Titanium racing front caliper bolts

Suspension:
GPR Steering Damper
K-Tech DDS35 Pro Rear Shock (Full Seton Spec with 95nm Spring)
K-Tech IDS25 Front Fork Cartridges with Fork cap extenders (Full Seton Spec with 10.25 Springs)

Miscelaneous:
Starlane Stealth GPS-4 Laptimer
CRC Race fairings
MRA Tinted double bubble screen
Evotech Radiator guards
Clear stop grip
GBRacing Full engine protector set
GBRacing bullet frame sliders
R&G Frame protectors
Renthal Clip-ons
Fork mounted lock stops
Bridgestone V02 Slicks
Motoholders black alluminium race rear subframe
Lightech racing rear sets
Lightech rear chain adjusters
Lightech quick release fuel cap
Gilles front and rear axel protectors
Captive racing wheel spacers

I'm sure there are probably a few small things I have have missed but I think I have covered the important bits!

If I had to find any faults with the bike I would say that the CRC fairings could really do with being repainted as the current paint job and stickers are starting to look a little tatty in places with stickers and paint chipping off.  Also the Akrapovic End can has a couple of rivets that have worked there way loose so they need replacing.

I am only selling the bike due to lack of use and I don't desperately need the money so please no silly offers.  If it doesn't sell I will just keep it!

To take the bike exactly how it is with all of the parts listed I would like £15,500 but I am open to negotiation if I remove things like the Starlane laptimer and Brembo RCS etc.

The Bike is located in Bromley, Kent and is kept at a secure self storage facility so viewing is by prior arrangement.

I will only be accepting payment via bank transfer and I may be able to offer a delivery service for the bike within a reasonable distance if it has been viewed and paid for in full.

If you would like to know anything else or to arrange a viewing then please let me know.

Many thanks, Richard

£15,500

Pictures of the bike can be seen in the following gallery:  https://imgur.com/a/f6kat

Edited by BaViNaToR - 14 January 2018 at 20:14
2015 Yamaha R1
mckeann View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mckeann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 20:16
Price???

*never mind, I see you updated the advert

Edited by mckeann - 14 January 2018 at 20:17
Get £10 off any order over £100 on https://twotyres.co.uk with the code CRASHER
BaViNaToR View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaViNaToR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 20:24
Originally posted by mckeann mckeann wrote:

Price???

*never mind, I see you updated the advert

drinks
2015 Yamaha R1
Mad Matt View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 22:59
Do you know what db the exhaust puts out and is the end can modified as I've not seen that particular akro on an R1??
BaViNaToR View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaViNaToR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 23:20
Originally posted by Mad Matt Mad Matt wrote:

Do you know what db the exhaust puts out and is the end can modified as I've not seen that particular akro on an R1??

The exhaust as it is puts out between 105/106db without a baffle.  This has never bothered me as I only did Euro events on the bike.

The Akrapovic End can is originally from a S1000rr Full Akrapovic system.  They have the same diameter so it matches up to the Arrow headers and link pipe that are on my bike.

I did actually buy but never got round to fitting a brand new Abbtec titanium exhaust system that has a small silencer built into the link pipe which brings the noise level down to around 98/99db without a baffle but this is not included in the sale and will be sold seperately for £1000 with first refusal going to the R1's new owner.
2015 Yamaha R1
BaViNaToR View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaViNaToR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 15:55
Deposit has now been taken for the bike so it's no longer for sale.
2015 Yamaha R1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic