Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2016 ZX10-R £50 Raffle!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 ZX10-R £50 Raffle!
    Posted: 14 October 2016 at 23:08
I'll be perfectly honest, Wull's post about a friend raffling his 07 ZX10R sounded like an excellent idea so I thought I would give it a go myself...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/225893321161586/

I know I have already posted a for-sale topic for this bike but I wanted to have this separate for those that may be interest but would of already viewed my other listing (and therefore not open the topic again and miss the opportunity to buy a ticket..)

The value of the bike is at £16,000 and will include the road gear as part of the package (the ebay listed price does not include the road gear).

320 raffle tickets will be available to purchase at the small cost of £50 each.

-** RULES **-

The rules are very simple. Choose any available number between and including 1 and 320. Each number costs £50, multiple numbers can be purchased per person to increase the odds of you winning.

All numbers are to be paid for in full via paypal. Once payment is received, the number/numbers you have selected will be marked with your name by the side of it.

Once all numbers have been allocated and paid for, the raffle time and date will be announced of which will be streamed live on facebook. You will witness each and every name and number being put into the tumbler and then being drawn double-blind.

If for whatever reason you wish to revoke your raffle number, a full refund will be provided without an issue.

The bike will continue to be listed on ebay and forums, if the bike is to be sold before all numbers have been allocated then a full refund will be issued to every individual.

Even if you have no intention of riding the bike. You could end up making yourself a lovely £15,950 profit, just in time for Christmas.

- SPECS -

V5 included - Road registered with log book and both keys.

Built by G&S Racing and maintained to the highest standards. Stripped and cleaned after every session! Pulls over 200bhp at the wheel on the BSB Dyno. Only 1189 Miles on the engine!

Kawasaki BSB Superstock ECU Map
Full Factory Titanium Arrow System
Bitubo ECH29 Fork Cartridges
Bitubo XXF31v2 Shock
Power Commander
Cordona PQ8 Quickshifter System (Approved by IRTA and used in Moto2!)
New Brembo Z04 Brake Pads
Quick Action Throttle
PP Race Shift Rearsets
GB Racing Engine Covers
Hel Brake Lines
Radiator Guard
Rain Light
Additional Oil Warning Light
GSR Steering Damper
MWR Superbike Air Filter
Captive Wheel Spacers
Brake Lever Guard
Renthal 520 Sprockets and spares
Tsubaki 520 Chain
All unused Cables and Connectors Tucked and Strapped
G&S Racing Regulator Relocation Bracket
G&S Racing Fairing Brackets

Bike is ready to go for BSB/Thundersport/Club racing or as a complete track day weapon!

joey34646 View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey34646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 00:14
Im in number 46 plz
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 07:06
You have mail
Matt75racing View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt75racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 07:32
What you going to do Josh if you don't sell 320 tickets and how long you going to give it .
You only get one flying lap of this life
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 08:16
As mentioned in one of the group posts. If the bike sells before all allocated numbers are sold, a full refund will be given to everyone that paid for a number   

I am going to leave the raffle open until the 1st February 2017. After then I will be winter testing for the 2017 BSB season.
The raffle will otherwise close when:
a) all allocated number are paid for
b) the bike sells by other channel

In the case that the bike is sold outside of the raffle, everybody will get a full refund. In the case that somebody buys a raffle number but then wants their money back, no problem, just message me and I will refund the full amount
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 08:18
eBay has worn me out with the amount of dreamers so I felt this may be a nice way for somebody to get a dream bike
zeebRaa View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeebRaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 10:12
How many have you sold so far, if any?

Deffinitely be up for this.
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 10:33
Not sold any at the moment, not many people have seen the listing yet though.

Joey will be the first once I can get confirmation from him thumbsup

I feel that once there are a few names down for the raffle, people will be quicker to put their name down.

Edited by racerjosh - 15 October 2016 at 10:36
joey34646 View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey34646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 12:10
Your email not letting me send you paypal payment
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 13:01
Hmm, seems to be okay on my end. Might of been a momentary glitch. You can try again or you can private message me your PayPal email address and I can send a request for the fee.
joey34646 View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey34646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 14:28
Pm sent
SKRSV View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKRSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 15:51
I might be in - worth a shot !
So to clarify - the raffle will close & the winning number drawn once all tickets are sold OR on the 1st of February ? regardless of whether the tickets are all sold ? 
is this correct - There needs to be a fixed 'end date' to the raffle - I once entered a similar raffle for a diving Re-breather (a charity raffle) and they never sold all the tickets over 2 years later they still hadn't pulled out the number !

Cheers

SKRSV View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKRSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 15:51
can you post up some pictures of the bike too please ? might help your cause :-)
Jaymo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaymo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 15:55
Originally posted by SKRSV SKRSV wrote:

I might be in - worth a shot !
So to clarify - the raffle will close & the winning number drawn once all tickets are sold OR on the 1st of February ? regardless of whether the tickets are all sold ? 
is this correct - There needs to be a fixed 'end date' to the raffle - I once entered a similar raffle for a diving Re-breather (a charity raffle) and they never sold all the tickets over 2 years later they still hadn't pulled out the number !

Cheers

Putting my 'Legal' hat on it appears Josh is giving three possible endings.
Feb 1st if not sold or enough tickets sold then the raffle will be cancelled and all monies returned
All 320 tickets sold raffle will commence immediately
Bike sells by other advertised means then raffle once again cancelled and all monies returned
SKRSV View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKRSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 16:13
Hmm, thats the trouble with it not having a definite ending & it still being for sale - in that case I'm out.
I like the idea but for me it needs to be more 'concrete' 
Bet of luck with it anyway 

joey34646 View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey34646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 16:32
Yes im afraid its raffle or nothing raffle it 100% then im in
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 17:03
Let me clear up the loose ends for everyone

Keep in mind I will race this bike next season if it does mot sell (if I do not get £15-£16k). The bike is also for sale on eBay and other forums.

Pre season testing beings in February so if the bike is still here (and if tickets are still left) then the bike will be taken off the market. So in essence, 01/02/2017 is the cut off date.

> If tickets are still left to be sold on the 01/02/2017 then everybody will be refunded and I will race the bike next season.
> If somebody brings me the cash and buys the bike outright, then everybody that has bought a ticket will be refunded.
> If we get to 01/02/2017 and the bike is still here and with tickets left to be sold. I will refund everyone that bought a ticket.

There are 320 tickets available. All of these need to be sold before the raffle gets drawn.

£50 to put your name down. The sooner I get 320 names the sooner it gets drawn. Payments are not final or withheld. You can request to have your money back at anytime.

zeebRaa View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeebRaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 17:10
Put me down for 94 please :)
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 17:23
Originally posted by zeebRaa zeebRaa wrote:

Put me down for 94 please :)

Message coming your way
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt75racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 17:44
Put me down for 8 & 75 please Josh
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 18:32
Starting to gain a bit of traction now, although I've had quite a few people ask for my payment details and then not followed through
tom View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 18:54
Hats off to you buddy! Great idea! Is there another way to pay other than PayPal?
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 20:53
Cheers Tom, I can do bank transfers (which for me is the best way) but I felt that people may not feel comfortable doing it that way.
racesparesuk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Site Sponsor - Bikes and Parts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racesparesuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 21:37
Hate to piss on your parade but you may want to read this.

://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2005/19/notes/contents
Suppliers of quality new and used race bike spares and bikes
Tel 01704 840825
Bunkle View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 22:54
Help us out, which bit are we reading?
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 23:39
Originally posted by Bunkle Bunkle wrote:

Help us out, which bit are we reading?

Bunkle View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 23:44
I understand that if the fun stops I should stop, but if I win the ZX10, that may take a while......
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 23:56
I think you would get yourself into a bit of trouble before the fun stops

To be honest I'm not sure why tickets haven't flown out..the group posts have only been seen by 35 people...?
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt75racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 12:49
Originally posted by racerjosh racerjosh wrote:

I think you would get yourself into a bit of trouble before the fun stops

To be honest I'm not sure why tickets haven't flown out..the group posts have only been seen by 35 people...?
Got to just keep pushing it Josh, post it a any forum that's bike related especially track and race related groups same with Facebook groups etc. maybe even flea bay too , got to get people talking about it.
JV#11 View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JV#11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 13:16

To be honest I'm not sure why tickets haven't flown out.....?

unfortunately a lot of it comes down to trust issues I'd suspect... we've met briefly through NLR and was chatting to ya dad at oulton bsb, so wouldn't have any such issues as know you are genuine... but others might not know you from adam and things like the Paul L thread might not help. there are some ar**holes around...

and to be brutally honest, the bike prob isn't worth £16k otherwise it would have sold... but appreciate you prob need this to swap to the bm. And there still isn't the guarantee that it will go to raffle, which for me is why I prob wouldn't buy one.

racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 13:38
Yeh the trust part is probably the key part, which is understandable, so many scams online today.
Value wise it's worth £50 in the raffle    . I've also had 3 people happy to pay £16k but was unable to secure finance or other payment.

I'm happy to accept offers and It's been as low as £14k but I'm not going to give it away
JV#11 View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JV#11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 13:46

Yeh the trust part is probably the key part, which is understandable, so many scams online today.
Value wise it's worth ?50 in the raffle    . I've also had 3 people happy to pay ?16k but was unable to secure finance or other payment.

I'm happy to accept offers and It's been as low as ?14k but I'm not going to give it away

No way - and why would you. still a awesome bit of kit.

oh yeah - it's worth £50 all day long mate, but I've seen you drop the price in the sale thread then raffle for the max £. others will have too....

Dude, I hope you get all sold and someone gets an awesome bike for £50. every little helps for next season I know that.

if it looks like it's going to raffle they will fly out. but it's just a bit unsure at the mo.
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 13:59
Cheers mate and fingerscrossed ;)

I think once I get to the halfway point, people will start coming off the fence a little bit but who knows.. I can't control the market dunno
scooby View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 14:00
Originally posted by racesparesuk racesparesuk wrote:

you might need to link to the actuall point your making out Mike,theres a couple to go at there ;)
JV#11 View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JV#11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 14:14

I think once I get to the halfway point, people will start coming off the fence a little bit but who knows.. I can't control the market dunno

reckon you right - nothing ventured and all that... whats worst that can happen.

racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 14:20
Originally posted by JV#11 JV#11 wrote:

reckon you right - nothing ventured and all that... whats worst that can happen.

a) Spend £50 and win a ZX10R
b) Spend £50 and not win a ZX10R
c) Spend £50 and have it refunded if I keep the ZX10R 
d) Spend £50 and have it refunded if somebody buys it outside of the raffle.

;)

Im going to be cheeky and ask if you could share the group for me  rolleyeswhistle The more eyes the better thumbsup
Greg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 15:33

I think you're walking into a potential minefield with this one ...

I'm not a parade p!sser, but both sides of the transaction would need some serious protection to ensure that it's all done fairly, openly and with a legally binding something or other to cover every eventuality of expectation - if you get my drift...

"Resistance is futile!" (except if <1Ω)
racesparesuk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Site Sponsor - Bikes and Parts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racesparesuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 15:55
Originally posted by scooby scooby wrote:

Originally posted by racesparesuk racesparesuk wrote:

you might need to link to the actuall point your making out Mike,theres a couple to go at there ;)

This is the specific info you need to look at. I looked into doing this a few years back and it was a minefield.

http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/pdf/prize%20competitions%20and%20free%20draws%20-%20the%20requirements%20of%20the%20gambling%20act%202005%20-%20december%202009.pdf
Suppliers of quality new and used race bike spares and bikes
Tel 01704 840825
racerjosh View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 20:53
Whilst I'm sure there is always something written somewhere to prevent you from doing pretty much any activity, I think common sense should prevail here.
Not that I'm trying to bend the rules here but I'm not the first and won't be the last. If I was looking to develop an app to help thoundands participate in the same fashion, then that would be a different matter entirely...

To that thought.. I'm pretty sure school fetes do raffles..
j2b View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2016 at 14:53
i would and will by a ticket for this but not until there is only 10 to 20 left........reasons being it all seems so vague at the moment ,it shouldn't really still be up for cash sale full stop,yes seen the prices move a little,even above you saying you are open to offers for the bike will be putting loads of people off buying a ticket ,why should i throw you 50 quid now when you are still trying to sell it for cash deals, possible to low raffle ticket price making it to many to sell as well could well drag it out...talking about you have to february i would say has also pretty much slowed it all down,,,should have just been like gonna raffle this bike give it 1 month to sell all the tickets and if a no go just get back on with your cash sale...just my opinion.

Edited by j2b - 19 October 2016 at 14:59
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic