Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > Commercial Adverts > Bikers Discount Store
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accossato ZXC Brake Pad Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikersDiscountStore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accossato ZXC Brake Pad Sale
    Posted: 15 October 2021 at 13:27
We're selling off our stock of Accossato ZXC brake pads & are offering TDR members 20% off listed prices on our website here https://www.bikersdiscountstore.co.uk/brake-clutch-parts-accossato-brake-pads-accossato-race-track-brake-pads-pc-151.php

If your bike's not listed please ask as lots of them cross reference.

UK Importer for Healtech Electronics www.bdsracing.co.uk
MrGman View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrGman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 15:01
These are brilliant pads!! Im hoping this doesn’t mean they’re being discontinued?
BikersDiscountStore View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikersDiscountStore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 15:08
Originally posted by MrGman MrGman wrote:

These are brilliant pads!! Im hoping this doesn’t mean they’re being discontinued?
Not discontinued but we're not stocking Accossato anymore so are selling off the stock we have.
wrennus View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrennus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 15:17
we have plenty in stock for next yr Gman - but in the meantime, the offer from BDS is an absolute bargain, so buy up as many as you can! basically half price
TBR performance
WWW.TBRperformance.co.uk
Www.Facebook.com/innocentengineering
Gizago View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 19:26
Originally posted by BikersDiscountStore BikersDiscountStore wrote:

Not discontinued but we're not stocking Accossato anymore so are selling off the stock we have.

Are you still going to be servicing accossato Mike?
www.moto-racespares.com
Use discount TDR10 at checkout
Stephen G View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 19:54
Are the Yamaha pads sold out? Only there is no drop down menu of the page
wrennus View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrennus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 20:57
All the yamaha pads are the same except tgw 4c8 six pot calipers
TBR performance
WWW.TBRperformance.co.uk
wrennus View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrennus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 20:58
Literally every yamaha with 2 spot calipers from 96 to present... same pada
TBR performance
WWW.TBRperformance.co.uk
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikersDiscountStore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2021 at 08:29
Originally posted by Gizago Gizago wrote:

Originally posted by BikersDiscountStore BikersDiscountStore wrote:

Are you still going to be servicing accossato Mike?
Yes, we're still servicing their cylinders just not stocking their products.
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikersDiscountStore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2021 at 08:31
Originally posted by Stephen G Stephen G wrote:

Are the Yamaha pads sold out? Only there is no drop down menu of the page
Yes they're in stock, the website isn't up to date sorry. Give us a call on 01256 703593 if you want to order them.
Coops!! View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coops!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2022 at 00:05
Bit random and late to this but I fitted the accassato pads to replace some SBS DC pads, which were ok and the first time used them, but their performance dropped off surprisingly quickly as they wore to the point I thought there was a problem with my braking system. Well, based on one day riding at Almeria the zxc pads are absolutely superb. No idea how they will wear over a few days but I’m really impressed! Instant bite, albeit not as progressive as the DC’s, is z04 level and overall braking performance is really, really strong, in fact night and day against the SBS’s. I’ll definitely use these again if they are still available/sensibly priced.
MrGman View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrGman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2022 at 14:42
These will be my go to pad now, I think the only reason they aren’t more popular is the fact most haven’t heard of them, I was a bid skeptical when I tried them I must admit.

I’ve done 5 days on mine now and they are getting down a bit but the braking performance hasn’t dropped off one bit.
wrennus View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrennus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2022 at 19:33
We're still stocking them - the price has risen unfortunately, I still have them listedbat a discount to the actual RRP, but they have gone up a fair bit sadly

Most bikes with 2 pad calipers are £144 for 2
calipers

https://www.tbrperformance.co.uk/TBR-Services/Accossato-c81700536
TBR performance
WWW.TBRperformance.co.uk
klu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2022 at 20:50
How do they compare to Z04s?
wrennus View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrennus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2022 at 16:55
Generally the feedback ive had from other riders, is theyre as good, however a few say only when new, and z04s last longer and dont drop off I think a lot of it depends on your overall brake setup too.. as with the accossato calipers, or other 4 pad calipers, and decent discs with these pads, you genuinely have to be a bit careful, as there is definitely enough power.

I run a single set of pads for a whole season and a couple of euros with no issues using accossato calipers (which also have thicker pad material than a lot of oem calipers allow)

Id say a good 60% of the thunderbikes Ultra grid are running these pads, for the boys running R6 calipers, brembo m4 style etc, i usually sell them a couple of sets per season
TBR performance
WWW.TBRperformance.co.uk
Coops!! View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coops!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2022 at 19:22
Originally posted by klu klu wrote:

How do they compare to Z04s?

See my post above; very similar actually but I don’t know how they will wear yet, or if their performance will drop off faster than z04’s.
Stephen G View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 12:18
Can anyone comment on what the initial bite is like on these compared to the Z04's? Really tempted top buy a set but went back to my GPFAX I had lying around and the lack of bite really threw me off.
MrGman View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrGman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 16:35
I can’t compare them to Z04 but I can say they don’t have a lot of initial bite, which for me is what I like. If you prefer a pad with a lot of initial bite I think I’d suggest looking elsewhere.
wrennus View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrennus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 17:42
Yeah they have a softer initial bite, but are still extremely powerful, just dont have an instant grab.. find it much easier to modulate braking with these pads and allow the tyre to load up before full power
TBR performance
WWW.TBRperformance.co.uk
Coops!! View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coops!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 17:55
I thought the initial bite was just right, somewhere in between the SBS and z04’s in my GP4RX callipers on my other bike, a combo which is amazing but almost too good until you get accustomed to it! The accossatos are initially powerful but not grabby. I really liked them.
Stephen G View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 13:31
Thanks for the input guys, might just give them a go
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic