Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > Dealer/Suppliers Recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B.D.S. Racing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kwaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B.D.S. Racing
    Posted: 08 July 2020 at 10:28
Big shout out to the excellent service from Mike at Bikers Discount Store

I have a Accossato master cylinder that had brake fading issues.  After bleeding you could get a decent brake for a few laps but then the lever would come back to the bar.  No amount of bleeding after the fluid had gotten hot would have got a brake again.   This master cylinder was around 10 years old and I knew it needed serviced.  I had just bought one for my other bike and didnt want to buy another new one if this could be repaired.

I had searched for a repair kit for Accossato but could not find any.  I did see a post here from BKD mentioning that they serviced Accossato master cylinders in another thread.  So M/C sent off and received by them on Monday.  I had a  chat with Mike who provided the details of what was needed to upgrade  the internals to newer type.  It arrived back in Northern Ireland today.  Great turnover time.  All the old bits returned with it too.

It will be out on the track again in a few weeks time but i have no doubts it will be grand. 

:^
Just go with it!
muffking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 10:31
thumbsup
It's not the falling off that worries me, it's the landing.
BikersDiscountStore View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikersDiscountStore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 17:25
Thanks Kwaki :-)

The reason no one will supply an internal service kit for them is that unlike OE cylinders where the piston is usually retained in a set position by a circlip, in Accossato (& other performance cylinders) it is set by an adjustable retaining plate. If this is set in the wrong place you end up with brakes either binding on or not working at all.
We now have the assembly tooling and parts to do this in house so can turn Accossato cylinders around in a matter of hours rather than the weeks it used to take sending them back to Italy.
UK Importer for Healtech Electronics www.bdsracing.co.uk
Jaymo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaymo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 18:44
Great service from Mike as usual..
Badapple View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 19:10
Always been really happy with bds too
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic