Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLD! RC8 Track/Race bike with V5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLD! RC8 Track/Race bike with V5
    Posted: 05 October 2014 at 23:47
As titled my RC8 is for sale. 

Owned from new, it's been crashed, raced and ridden in the wet loads moto18611 miles. Most of those on the road before I crashed it the first time. It's standard throughout apart from bodywork, ecu/regulator placement and race shift. Cat C insurance write off. 2008 bike, swing arm is sprayed black. 

Thread here

my rc8 rebuild!

It since spent most of it's time on the track as my race bike. One full season as an only bike with NGRRC in 2012 then two seasons as my wet bike. I did MOT it last year to ride on the road over the winter but that has expired recently. SORNd. 

Body work isn't the tidiest but it looks ok at ten paces. Mechanically it's fine. It's had the oil changed between 600 and 800 miles since it became a track bike. Usual RC8 gremlins of juddery clutch when cold and water pump seals going now and again. Clutch is fine when warm and water pump seals is a simple job if required. Still goes well and I usually stick it on the podium it if it's wet. 

Got nowt to hide with this bike, it's all on the RC8 forum if you take the time to look. It will make a great track bike for someone or if you want to go racing then it's ready for that too. It passes scrutineering every time and because it's a standard bike I never have any issues with noise. 

I'm looking for 3500 for it as it stands. If I don't get that I'll break it. 

V5 spare keys including the orange one. A small box of original bits, sprockets, chain guard etc. Paddock stand. It's got wets on at the minute but if you buy it I can put some dry scrubs on no problem.

I'll be at Thruxton from Friday evening until Sunday morning. Racing 11th October 2014. The bike will be there but I'm not riding it. Turn up with the cash or means of instant bank transfer and you can take it. 

Second pic is an older shot, it now has R+G crash protection, standard reservoir covers and no Sato spindle holder. 

Edited by scrawn - 30 October 2014 at 15:38
scrawn View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2014 at 22:20
Few current pics here to show the bike in more detail. 

http://1drv.ms/1xWWBo5

mak595 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mak595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2014 at 04:36
If I hadn't just bought a 1050 tiger for the road I would be all over this, great price...
I like sleeping, it's like death but without the commitment
Garf View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2014 at 08:52
Stop tempting me... with it's easy to change rear wheel, v twin grunt..... you bugger... wouldn't even need to change the number whistle
weeksy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeksy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2014 at 08:57
Indeed, I'm tempted to offer him my Tuono in a swap deal !
https://revtothelimit.co.uk/index.php
mak595 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mak595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2014 at 09:57
Well, you've had the tuono for a couple of weeks so its due to go
I like sleeping, it's like death but without the commitment
weeksy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeksy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2014 at 10:22
It's up for sale anyway mate as moving house and won't have somewhere to store it in new place probably.
https://revtothelimit.co.uk/index.php
k3nny View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k3nny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2014 at 12:12
Wouldn't mind a season on an rc8

I'd buy this, but first is need to shift this...

scrawn View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2014 at 22:12
No swaps I'm afraid, need to have a clear out to make way for my next venture. Got three dirt bikes to shift too. Garage is going to be decimated but hopefully it'll be worth it. 
scrawn View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 15:38
All sold, my plan is well under way....

http://scrawnsenior.tumblr.com/post/101339927165/today-is-a-sad-day-i-feel-like-ive-said-goodbye
GeoffMM View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 18:56
What's the plans for the next project ? 😃
scrawn View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 19:05
Originally posted by GeoffMM GeoffMM wrote:

What's the plans for the next project ? 😃

Can't say just yet Geoff but I'll post up once all is concrete. Busy raising cash by selling everything that isn't nailed down. Missus drew the line at the new baby though......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic