Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yamaha R6 2CO 2006

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OGM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yamaha R6 2CO 2006
    Posted: 14 October 2018 at 20:07
Today I took this in px against my Ten

I did intend turning it into a trackbike for my son, but its far too good for that.

Its as mint as you could possibly wish for, 2600miles and almost standard. One owner.

I want £5k for what will be an appreciating asset, don't want to pay that? fine don't contact me, I'll keep it.

Kirklet View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirklet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 20:27
Loving the sales technique.

That said certain people do love mint 12 year old bikes. Looks nice, glws
OGM1 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OGM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 20:45
Originally posted by Kirklet Kirklet wrote:

Loving the sales technique.

That said certain people do love mint 12 year old bikes. Looks nice, glws

Its mint. gonna go up in value.

I had so many timewasting wannbees asking about me Ten, I thought I'd tell it how its supposed to be. This is what i want, don't like it? f**k off and stop wasting my time.

I get my price, or I keep it, simple as that.
Kirklet View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirklet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 20:50
Aye, I know where of you speak !

eBay is the worst for it.You can’t sell anything nowadays without half the people who contact you thinking they’re Richard Rawlings and getting all ‘Fast n Loud’ on you with their crazy bids.
Mario View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2018 at 09:19
2 beers and a box of jelly babies, it's my final offer! You won't get a better deal, I promise you

I know what you mean about time wasters. I was selling a brand new with tags £1500 set of leathers and the number of people who came out with rubbish like "I'll take if off you for £250"

Just don't even bother replying to people like that.

Bike looks good though, GLWTS!
SKRSV View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKRSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2018 at 23:28
yep, very rare bike that, bound to be worth double that in 12 months !! 

Do you normally work in sales ?? LOL
OGM1 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OGM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 07:31
Originally posted by SKRSV SKRSV wrote:

yep, very rare bike that, bound to be worth double that in 12 months !! 

Do you normally work in sales ?? LOL

You tried buying a mint 98 red and white R1 lately? It'll cost you twice as much as same bike in blue.

Some bikes are destined to go up in value.

But then again I didn't ask for your opinion.
BryanWalker View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 15:21
😂😂😂 this thread.

There’s a big difference between a 98 red and white R1 and a 2006 R6. Main one being there’s probably very few mint 98 R1s around where as there’s loads of R6’s for sale.

I can’t see an R6 going up in price for a very long time.
GSXR 1000 k8
OGM1 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OGM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 15:52
Originally posted by BryanWalker BryanWalker wrote:

😂😂😂 this thread.

There’s a big difference between a 98 red and white R1 and a 2006 R6. Main one being there’s probably very few mint 98 R1s around where as there’s loads of R6’s for sale.

I can’t see an R6 going up in price for a very long time.

Well we are all entitled to an opinion, but seeing as I didn’t. Invite your, best keep it to yourself.
BryanWalker View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 20:55
Nah you’re ok I hate keeping things to myself so feel free to keep it.

Good luck with the sale.
GSXR 1000 k8
bricrewe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricrewe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 21:07
Worth 2.5k max stop trying to rip people off!! Dont know how u sleep at night

Only joking, well priced for mileage and condition imo its a minter
SKRSV View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKRSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 21:19
OGM1 
Mate, you got to realise when people are having a laugh - when you sell that bike have a holiday and find your sense of humour ffs ! 

£3500 should get you 2 weeks all inclusive ! LOL

OGM1 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OGM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 21:35
Originally posted by SKRSV SKRSV wrote:

OGM1 
Mate, you got to realise when people are having a laugh - when you sell that bike have a holiday and find your sense of humour ffs ! 

£3500 should get you 2 weeks all inclusive ! LOL

In possession of a sense of humour, what I'm not in possession of is patience with fukwits.

Read the opening post. The bike is a low mileage minter. Top book on a 2C0 is circa £5k. If this isn't top book, I don't know what is.

Now some people will pay a few quid extra for this sort of thing, they can see the value. If you don't see it, then thats fine, just keep your unsolicited opinion to yourself.

As for £3,500 for an all inclusive holiday. Why? That would pay for 3 Euro events, which is a lot more fun.
SKRSV View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKRSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 21:47
'As for £3,500 for an all inclusive holiday. Why? That would pay for 3 Euro events, which is a lot more fun'

Definitely agree with you there matey !

GLWS

:-)
Thumperbob2002 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thumperbob2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 07:30
Some touchy people out there no doubt, but when it’s the person selling the bike ( the salesman ) I would keep well clear. Wrong side of the bed. And to be honest it does look a minter, but it’s still a depreciating asset no doubt. People that see normal bikes as investments are frankly crazy.
Andy J View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 19:32
So you wouldn't take £4900?;)
You are never too old to do a trackday, but you won't bounce as well as you used to.
SKRSV View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKRSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 19:34
he'll blow up !!!! 

OGM1 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OGM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 20:00
Originally posted by Thumperbob2002 Thumperbob2002 wrote:

Some touchy people out there no doubt, but when it’s the person selling the bike ( the salesman ) I would keep well clear. Wrong side of the bed. And to be honest it does look a minter, but it’s still a depreciating asset no doubt. People that see normal bikes as investments are frankly crazy.

I know what your saying. When your selling and you get people taking the piss/being dicks it just winds you up.

I think your wrong though about depreciating asset though. Certain things, be it bikes or cars, find a special market as long as they aren't abused.

God I wish I'd never sold my AP50/FS1E/KH250/KH400/RD400/RD250/CB400F etc etc they are all going for insane money now.

I personally think this bike will hold/ appreciate if not used as a daily driver and the mileage is managed.

But like everything in this world, the value is purely down to the value the buyer sees in the item.

OGM1 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OGM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 20:04
Originally posted by Andy J Andy J wrote:

So you wouldn't take £4900?;)

I'll listen to any reasonable offer above £4,500 to be fair. The idea of saying £5k was just to try and avoid the timewasters(that didn't work) Its not the best time of year to be selling, but if I can't get a reasonable(to me) price I'll just hold it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic