Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > Commercial Adverts > RBEngineering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R1 & R6 Woolich Racing Kits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbengineering2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R1 & R6 Woolich Racing Kits
    Posted: 03 October 2014 at 15:28
Hi guys, the new Woolich Racing ECU Flashing kits are now available for the 2007-14 R1 & 2006-11 R6.
Price is £225.00p including all software & hardware required to flash on bike.

Bench Flashing Harnesses available also either individually or in the kit instead of the on bike harness at extra cost.

More years to follow shortly.

Thanks for looking

Rich

RedDevil View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedDevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 15:57
What gains are there to be had? Will you gain anything over a map on a power commander 5? 
rbengineering2010 View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbengineering2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 17:00
Hi RedDevil, yes there are many gains over using a power commander, a properly mapped ECU will produce a sweeter running &  faster bike, you can not only map your fuelling, but also:-
(2008-11 R6 for example)

Ignition timing
Electronic Throttle valve maps on  Acceleration (Fly by Wire)
Engine Braking
Rev Limiter
Fan Temperatures
Motorised Velocity stack switch point by RPM
Disable Fuel Cut on deceleration (this is worth having all on it's own, transforms the feel on the throttle)
Disable pair valve
Disable Stock 02 sensor
Disable Steering Damper
Alter Idle speed via temp compensation
Fuel Injection timing
Injector Balance
Ignition Dwell

and more....

Cheers

Rich

RedDevil View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedDevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 17:28
Can you do any maps that will work alongside a pc5? And do you have any before & after dyno graphs?
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbengineering2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 17:51
Hi Matt, yes all the setting will work alongside a  power commander but you will still need to map the fuelling with one or the other.

Not got any before and after dyno charts as yet myself, but there are plenty kicking around the internet.

Cheers

Rich
carsonr6 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carsonr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 18:04
Can you change the speedo into a gear indicator on the 2008 R1 with this?
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbengineering2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 18:13
Originally posted by carsonr6 carsonr6 wrote:

Can you change the speedo into a gear indicator on the 2008 R1 with this?

Hi mate, at the moment no as we are rolling out the main items the race teams have requested from us before going back in at a later date to do more features.

I remember trying this with the Flashtune kit that was popular on yams but it only ever seemed to work on the USA clocks and ecu's for some reason, strange because they use MPH over there soit should have worked really.

We will add it to the list of things to look into at a later date.

Cheers

Rich
RedDevil View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedDevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 18:15
So are there many benefits/gains to be made if fueling is already mapped by a pc5?
carsonr6 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carsonr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 18:16
I only ask because it was a Flash-Tune kit that I was looking into before I seen this post. £225 is a competitive price against the Flash-Tune kit though, so might need to do some research
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbengineering2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 18:32
Originally posted by RedDevil RedDevil wrote:

So are there many benefits/gains to be made if fueling is already mapped by a pc5?

Yes and no, things like throttle plate maps and ignition maps will also require fuelling changes.

Disabling fuel cut etc will just make the bike much better on their own but will be even better again if mapped with fuelling also.

I will tell you what I would do in my experience, I would wait until you have some time to work on your bike, SELL your power commander and get your ecu sorted, you won't look back honestly.

I gave up on power commanders on both my own and my customers race bikes several years ago, I will not sl*g them off they do a good job of fuelling a bike, it's just they are limited to that.

Cheers

Rich
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbengineering2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 18:40
Originally posted by carsonr6 carsonr6 wrote:

I only ask because it was a Flash-Tune kit that I was looking into before I seen this post. £225 is a competitive price against the Flash-Tune kit though, so might need to do some research
No problem at all, but do your homework, all I will say is a lot of tuners are ditching their flashtune kits and coming over to us, I believe it's something to do with them now charging per flash or something like that.

I will not diss their kit but will promise ours is very good.

Cheers

Rich
RedDevil View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedDevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 19:14
Have you got any examples of the power you have got out of 08 R6's?
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbengineering2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 20:10
Originally posted by RedDevil RedDevil wrote:

Have you got any examples of the power you have got out of 08 R6's?

Hi Matt, as of yet I have none, this is a brand new product and the first ones only shipped today, the gains on a USA bike are huge like 8-10bhp and you will see this all over the internet.
The UK bikes will only see about 2-3bhp at the top because the Electronic throttle maps are far superior on the UK bike in the first place.

Seriously when we do a ZX6R for example people ask the same question, how many BHP etc? Again about 2bhp at the top, when they get it done they finally realise it's rate of acceleration where you see the biggest difference thumbsupand that's what makes a fast bike! 

I will post up some dyno charts when they start coming in but believe me they tell you very little about how fast a bike is on the track.

Here you go and this is just an example of what I was saying about the USA models, its a no brainer if you have one of those!

Cheers

Rich

Edited by rbengineering2010 - 03 October 2014 at 20:23
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbengineering2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2014 at 10:02
Ok Guys, just got an update from Woolich Racing I am now in a position to offer Unlimited Flashing with the currently released R1 & R6 models, if this policy changes in the future then Woolich Racing will honour any purchases made before the change of policy.

In short if you buy a Yamaha Kit and Binfiles now you will get unlimited flashing full stop.

If I can assist you further please contact me.

Please see below:-

N8terider View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8terider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2014 at 19:02
This sounds the business!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic