Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > Dealer/Suppliers Recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bikers bargains

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny handfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bikers bargains
    Posted: 02 March 2015 at 15:30

All

Just wanted to highlight some excellent customer service from Bikers Bargains – carol was the lady’s name I dealt with.

Short story – I tried on a medium RX7 GP helmet in a shop, made the assumption that as I have always used a medium and that 10 mins with a medium on in the showroom meant that I was still a medium, I bought a medium.  WRONG.  Turns out that I actually needed a large and that the “worn” nature of the medium in the shop I tried it in was enough to turn it into a large size.  There’s 3mm difference in the depth of the skull cap. (10mm in medium, 7mm in large)

6 weeks after purchase I rang the lady to explain my predicament (I had sold the free gift that came with the helmet and thrown out the box and not tried it on at home as I should have done in that period).  She spent 20-25 mins on the phone with me, explaining all the various options we had.  Upshot of that is that she ordered me on special order a 7mm skullcap, and 2 different sets of cheek pads on the understanding that I can return what I don’t use/need anytime within a month or so, at which point she will have to return them to arai.  She also knocked c.£30-40 off the order – I didn’t even need to ask for that.

Fantastic level of service from the guys – the kind you used to get (or so I remember) and very rarely do nowadays.

Their RX7 helmets are pretty competitively priced.

She tells me she is going to the Scottish show over the weekend so look them if one of you jock’s are off!

Recommended. thumbsup

http://www.bikersbargains.co.uk/

Superdan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 15:49
Was in there today its local to me, they have loads of gear and some really old stuff! bought some A* gloves, nice bunch, bought a fair bit from them over the years.

Its actually called gearchange http://www.gearchangeonline.com/ think discount store is another name they use for the discounted stuff.

Edited by Superdan - 02 March 2015 at 15:50
snafu View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 17:46
Great customer service but I cant help  thinking if they can knock £40 off without even being asked, what kind of margin is on the product? 100%?
Johnny handfull View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny handfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 22:41
Originally posted by snafu snafu wrote:

Great customer service but I cant help  thinking if they can knock £40 off without even being asked, what kind of margin is on the product? 100%?

the point u miss is that they knocked that off the price that others actually charge. Not some made up price like u get in tesco - the old, lets double the usual selling price fkr a day and then have a 50% off sale garbage
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic