Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > Commercial Adverts > Simply Signs and Graphics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WORKSHOP REOPENS........I'm back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Instructor
Instructor

Site Sponsor - Decals + Leather Artwork

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WORKSHOP REOPENS........I'm back
    Posted: 11 May 2015 at 21:58
Hi folkses...........well I'm back once more in the land of overcrowded roads and 'normality'. For those not in the know my better half retired at the end of January and we decided to blow the kids inheritance and jet off to New Zealand via Sydney outbound and Bangkok on the homeward leg of the journey. We had been saying for years we wanted to go but with holiday limitations we couldn't until Judith retired...it's not worth going to NZ for two weeks. So with no restrictions other than finance we considered, planned, researched and finally jetted off............4 days in Sydney in a lovely hotel alongside the Harbour Bridge overlooking the harbour and Opera house then on to Christchurch. We had two nights there in a hotel and then collected our 4 berth (extra space for comfort...two berth vans are just that...two berth and very small) motorhome and set off for 43 days. We journeyed around South Island for 4 weeks having planned on 3 and 3 split between South and North but South Island was so amazing we split 4/2 instead.

My only 'MUST' do was to get to Invercargill and see the Fastest Indian..........and I DIDSmileHeartSmile. I have to admit to it being quite emotional standing there.....on the other side of the world next to that awesome bike. I even got to sit in a replica used in the making of the film. We also visited the Burt Munro memorial bronze statue in Invercargill park and also paid respects at his resting place.

Once we had done a circuit of South Island it was across the Straits to North Island where it is more like home but with a whole lot less congestion. 2 weeks travelling around up there there and we were done with the motorhome. A few days in a waterfront apartment in Auckland and we flew to Christchurch, Sydney and onto Bangkok for 10 days in a riverside apartment on 25th floor overlooking the river and city. We did some touristy stuff.....private tour to Ayutthaya the ancient capital of Siam......river dinner cruise etc but other than that it was enforced relaxing in the pool or indoors as the 'feels like' temperatures were always in the region (daytime) of 45 degrees. 

Anyway we had an amazing time.......we did over 5500kms in NZ......completely ran out of awesomes, WOW, amazings, bloody hell look at that's just in NZ. It is just that........ AMAZING. Lovely people, empty roads, a total population of just over 4 million so everyone knows everyone else....(hehe)....well it seems like it.

So now back to 'normailty'..........something must have happened to me living 'upside down' for two months because after only 4 days back another of my bikes has gone........that's two now 'sold'........strangely it feels good to 'de-clutter'Smile

Anyway I hope all is well here and everyone is fit and well, having a good safe season.........I would say it's good to be back but in all honesty if I could move to NZ I would in a heartbeat.......but as that's not going to happen I'm pretty content to be here. So take care people...be safe and have fun out there and remember to drop me a PM or e mail if I can help with decals, leathers patches, mugs, art canvases etc.

Cheers

RogerC
Jack R1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack R1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 08:33
Nice one Roger, I bet you're glad you are back so you can have a rest thumbsup
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague desire for something salty..."
JOE77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:51
I'd did 6 weeks in NZ when I was a young Un. The most beautiful place I've been I'd move there in a heart beat.
Fat Men Don't Bounce....
771# Radial Line Racing...
http://www.radiallinesheetmetal.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic