Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TRACKDAYS > PacedayZ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alcarras - 22nd-24th October 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alcarras - 22nd-24th October 2015
    Posted: 19 June 2015 at 23:09
Just returned from PacedayZ Cartagena Nights event which was the best trackday I have EVER been on.
So good I've booked for their Alcarras event in October.  
I've already been there with them a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed the track, its left handed and has a 'mini corkscrew' awesome :), Theres even a swimming pool at the circuit (not that I would want to use it in October).
I've also booked onto PacedayZ Jerez event in March 2016 and Cartagena Nights in June 2016.
They really do run a brilliant event and Craig and the whole team cannot do enough for you, both on and off the track. I will never do a European trackday with anybody else now because they are not a patch on these guys.
Can't waitthumbsup
poddington View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poddington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2015 at 16:58
Anyone tell me the name of the hotel on this trip ? Might be taking wife and kids out but would be good to have the name. Also I need to find out non riding fees per person
infamyinfamy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infamyinfamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2015 at 17:11
www.hotelnastasi.com
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poddington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2015 at 17:25
Ta very much
Widge View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2015 at 21:18
Think its £34 a night for non rider but I would check.  Quite alot of riders take their partners so she wont be on her own :)
Skidmark View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skidmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 07:07
Hi Widge tell me more about the Cartagena nights please. I have been to the pace dayz web site and I like the look of it just wanted a bit more info from someone who has been. I have been to Cartagena twice so know the circuit just wondered about the rest of the set up.
Cheers
Mark.
Skidmark View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skidmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 07:10
Forgot to ask what system do the use for bike transport do they use crates?
Widge View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 21:35
Hi Mark,

I wont go into the track if you've been before but it was my first time at the track and I loved it.  This is the 4th Pacedayz event I've been on and they really are the friendliest, helpful and professional team headed by Craig.  Nothing is to much trouble and they really do want everybody both riders and their families to have a great time.
It was an open pit lane event and we had 5 hours a night which was more than enough.  They only take 46 bikes to this event which means everybody has plenty of track and there was only 1 red flag in 3 days (which was because of gravel on the track) it was bloody brilliant!!thumbsupclapthumbsupclap
They even arranged for the restaurant at the complex we stayed at to stay open until 11pm so that we could eat.  Most places had stopped serving food by the time we had finished on track so it was a great touch.

Alot of riders that went booked for next year when we collected the bikes, me included, infact I've booked onto all of their events; Alcarras in October, Jerez next March and Cartagena in June, they really are that goodthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

The bikes are on stilages which carry 2 bikes, which you pack yourself and are really good.

Hope this helps, you really should try them:)
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poddington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 21:45
Spoke to them today and seem very friendly. Booking thursday
Trouble View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trouble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 22:05
Hollywood and I are booked on this, looking forward to it
mutl3y View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutl3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2015 at 20:01
Hi,
i know there is a novice group listed, however been told that pacedayz cater for the faster guys so any truth in this? dont really wanna book and stick out like a sore thumb even in novicewhistle
mut
Don't bounce so well these days past 50 😜
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poddington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2015 at 20:27
I hope not as I'm slow as fook
mel View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2015 at 20:52
Originally posted by mutl3y mutl3y wrote:

Hi,
i know there is a novice group listed, however been told that pacedayz cater for the faster guys so any truth in this? dont really wanna book and stick out like a sore thumb even in novicewhistle
mut
you will be fine-if your really unsure ring them and give them a couple of your trackdays timeswhistle to get in the right group 
No ones bothered what pace you are as long as you are safe,dont think I saw any crashes at jerez in march and there were a few proper fast guys in fast group.intermediate was not too slow either.
novice they could all ride just not as quick- couple got moved up but that was too benefit them as there was not track problems with riding in any group.
one rider wanted to move down to "play" with his mates but he was correctly told no as he was too quick for novices the nearest I have seen in 31hrs of riding with them this year a disagreement on or off track 
infamyinfamy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infamyinfamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2015 at 20:52
You'll be absolutely fine.  Euro days are so different to UK days as everyone has lots of time.

I do 2 euros a year and a couple of uk days just to make sure the bike is ok before it's shipped.

You'll love it, and it's a great circuit thumbsup
mutl3y View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutl3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2015 at 22:17
cheers fellas,
will call em in morning
cheers 
mut
Don't bounce so well these days past 50 😜
Widge View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 22:35
You'll be fine mate, 
They seem to really look after the novice riders and offer them as much help and tuition as they want, just go up and ask them.  
There instructors are really sound and easy to talk to as well, which helps thumbsup
Hopefully see you there :)
pjc View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2015 at 22:11
Ive just booked this event, hope you see a few on here there, can't wait first foreign track trip
Despite the cost of living it remains popular and I don't fancy the alternative
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poddington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2015 at 08:30
Glad you are coming now pete considering it was your bloody idea lol
pjc View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 21:14
Can any one give me an idea what gearing to run here, I have a 117 bhp Gixxer 600 k6

Much appreciated

Pete
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poddington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 21:50
Little one on the front , bigger one on the back mate , you will be fine lol
pjc View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 08:48
Thanks Pod, but I would like some serious help herefunny
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poddington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 15:20
Dont ask me then lol. Carry on
Widge View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 13:43
15 45 should be fine :)
pjc View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 17:24
Originally posted by Widge Widge wrote:

15 45 should be fine :)

Thank you very much for the replythumbsup
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic