Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RACING NEWS > Club Racing > No Limits Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Endurance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallersrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Endurance
    Posted: 28 January 2016 at 23:06
Can't belive how quickly the endurance has sold out, I'm doing donny, Anglesey, Silverstone, Donny, with Team Trackday Tyres, also booked Oulton park solo newcomers & no limits cup can't wait, thumbsup
can anyone tell me why the test day at Oulton is 2 days  before race day, will we be allowed  to stay in the paddock till race day ??????
rgw
Bullet View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 23:08
Not sold, just got entry forms submitted. NL ain't got the cash of everyone yet.

It's an odd way to do it, that's for sure

AG
Bullet View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 23:10
They're not allowed to 3 days in a row at Oulton I don't think, hence why there's a day gap

AG
chappers View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chappers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 23:12
Originally posted by Bullet Bullet wrote:

Not sold, just got entry forms submitted. NL ain't got the cash of everyone yet.

It's an odd way to do it, that's for sure

AG

Agreed, it does sound strange. You'd expect riders will crash out, run out of money, have other commitments etc as the season goes on.

Anyway, we've hopefully been accepted for a few rounds. Looking forward to it.
wallersrg View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallersrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 23:25

They're not allowed to 3 days in a row at Oulton I don't think, hence why there's a day gap

AG
If thats the reason can't see them letting us stay the extra day there gutted thumbsdown
rgw
DF Racing View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DF Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 23:27
I'm doing Oulton (accepted), Anglesey and the first Donington. Still waiting for confirmation of my Donny and Anglesey race entries and test days.

All solo sprint classes btw.

Edited by DF Racing - 28 January 2016 at 23:28
DF Racing View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DF Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 23:29
Originally posted by wallersrg wallersrg wrote:

AG

If thats the reason can't see them letting us stay the extra day there gutted thumbsdown

The only issue will be overnight security. You can normally stay there the night before a trackday, so...
wallersrg View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallersrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 23:46
Originally posted by DF Racing DF Racing wrote:

Originally posted by wallersrg wallersrg wrote:

AG

The only issue will be overnight security. You can normally stay there the night before a trackday, so...
Its a bit of a drive for me to go home for a day, will have to find out and  book a camp site close by ,err
rgw
DF Racing View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DF Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 00:47
Loads of folk have camped outside the gates in the van before now. Nowt stopping you. Plenty of campsites etc around anyway.
quarrybends View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quarrybends Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 06:56
I find it pretty bizarre how it's being run, I'd planned on the odd endurance round but it looks like it'll be hard work getting a late entry (ooh er missus) to any of them. (Yes I know I should be more organized) :-)
JOE77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 08:20
Can you not leave everything set up from Wednesday test day
Fat Men Don't Bounce....
771# Radial Line Racing...
http://www.radiallinesheetmetal.co.uk

Colonel_Klinck View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colonel_Klinck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 09:50
Fair play the endurance rounds have sold out double quick! I'm sure there is a reserve list so if teams drop out there will be room for others to step in. Myself, Stalker and Kwakakeith were going to do the Snett 8 hour but were too slow booking it. Should be a great season for NL Racing. 
NoLimits Open 1000s Endurance Champion 2013. No6 for the win!
Roxy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 10:15
As Bullet says, they're not sold out, they've just had loads of entry forms without payment.

We all know that once the first 2 rounds have taken place and people have crashed/ found out it's not for them/realised how much it costs/etc.

Then there will be a good few spaces available as the season goes on.

Bit of a strange way of doing things that could lose them some genuine championship contenders, but good luck to them, they're riding the crest of a wave since Hottrax gate.

AVADA SOLUTIONS RACING
CRMC Classic racing on a Honda VFR750 and a Suzuki GSX 550, (Yes, I know) and anything else thats available.
KINDLY SPONSORED BY AVADA SOLUTIONS.
DF Racing View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DF Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 10:22
I'm not right into the way they're going about things, but I paid my membership before I knew the full SP. So I'll roll the dice for this season and see if I get the entries I want. It's a shame really.
J@Y View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J@Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 11:30
I don't know how they're reserves list works but we registered for a round once it went to 'Red Flag'. I'm not too worried about getting a place, as said plenty that have registered would have panic-booked and won't actually make it onto the grid.

I can't help thinking though that if they had asked for £100 up front for each round booked it would have solved this problem wall
Roxy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 12:03
I'm sure I'm not the only one, who's a bit surprised at how they are doing this. 

We've just received confirmation of entries for the Endurance up to round 7 but 8 & 9 are full.

Suppose that f*cks up any chance of chasing a championship for our team !

Luckily though, I have been successful in a sprint entry at those last 2 rounds, so at least I can load up the van and travel 5 hours to Brands, ride around on the old shitter and watch the endurance race.

Hmmm. wall
AVADA SOLUTIONS RACING
CRMC Classic racing on a Honda VFR750 and a Suzuki GSX 550, (Yes, I know) and anything else thats available.
KINDLY SPONSORED BY AVADA SOLUTIONS.
Retro View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 21:22
I'm with Roxy on this, it could affect championships. Suppose only one team has managed to get on all rounds, it would look good for them wouldn't it. Just because some selfish buggers can't make up their minds what round they wanna do so book them all.

I'm sure if there was a cost involved in pre-booking this would not have been an issue.

Am I pissed off, damn right!!

"I have the will to do better but not the ability"
Bullet View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 21:42
Originally posted by Retro Retro wrote:

I'm with Roxy on this, it could affect championships. Suppose only one team has managed to get on all rounds, it would look good for them wouldn't it. Just because some selfish buggers can't make up their minds what round they wanna do so book them all.

I'm sure if there was a cost involved in pre-booking this would not have been an issue.

Rightly so. You've done a full season last year, and would do another one again this year. That loyalty should count for something, surely?

AG
Mad Matt View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 22:04

Do you know the teams that did this???
Mad Matt View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 22:12

Rightly so. You've done a full season last year, and would do another one again this year. That loyalty should count for something, surely?

AG

Agree, i know some ex Hottrax teams have fully booked for the season which would mean regulars missing out and then theres the new teams..

Maybe the regulars should have been able to apply a day or two earlier. That said it still took the first round at Oulton a few days before it was fully booked and longer for the others and the regulars would have had more notice so why did they wait???

I have a feeling it will all change next year...

Daimo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 14:03
It is pretty mad how many applications went in!  I was hoping to get friendly with someone and join in for fun, nevermind.

For me im doing
Newcomers cup and Pre Inj 600 at Oulton Park.  Booked.
Snetterton - PI Not booked
Donnington - PI Not booked.
Brands Hatch - Hopefully Newcomers and PI again.  Its my very local track, so hopefully will have family/friends coming to watch, so got to give them their monies worth, even if I'll be lingering towards the back no doubt lol.
Maybe Donnington again.

My year is totally dependent on money being available though. Haven't budgeted for crashing, although I've got spare levers, footpegs etc, I've got no spare fairings, but worst case I'm gonna steal my dads fairings off his bike when he's on holiday or something lol.

I can't stop banging on about it I know, but I'm so ruddy excited its untrue.  My old man raced so as a kid rather than being out with other kids, I was at racetracks.  I've said for years I wanted to do racing but never had the money or time.  Getting older now, and other things are being sacrificed but finally, FINALLY I'm doing it.  I am literally like a child again.

Looking forward to meeting some new people, BBQ's, beers, and banter about bikes, as I think my wife has jsut about had enough of me banging on about it already.  She just interupts with "i love bikes i love bikes i love bikes i love bikes"

f**k YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

I also feel this is relevant..

http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12004941_10152963873990518_872142443097874804_n.jpg?oh=d614d96fc5775e34c8f0fa692d3d9b57&oe=57364FD1

Edited by Daimo - 30 January 2016 at 14:04
http://bikersbitz.co.uk/
http://www.youtube.com/bikersbitz
Honda CBR600FX - No Limits PI Noob for 2016
Benelli Tornado Tre
Steve C View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 16:25

Not like you to agree with your faster team mate :p

funny

I'm sure it will all work out, it wouldn't be endurance if Initiatec weren't there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic