Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > Dealer/Suppliers Recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Leathers - very poor service.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scott Leathers - very poor service.
    Posted: 25 May 2016 at 18:19
I paid a £300 deposit on the 30th of January for a one-piece suit which I was assured would be ready for mid-April. I was measured up by the man himself, Jim, so there was no ambiguity about sizing, etc. 

I knew mid-April was possibly cutting it a bit fine but I called at the end of March to be told they hadn't been started yet and to call back in a couple of weeks. I called again mid-April and was told again that they hadn't been started as he was busy doing stuff for the North West. I called again at the end of April and explained that I had crashed at my last race meeting and now needed the leathers in order to race again. Despite this being the 3rd time I'd called Jim had no recollection of speaking to me on the phone or meeting me in January. It was only when he read back his notes that he remembered I'd asked for them to be ready in mid-April.

I called again last week (mid-May) and was told that he still hadn't started them but would try to get them done before he went to the T.T. I told him that if they weren't ready by the middle of this week I'd need my deposit back to buy new leathers elsewhere.

Guess what happened when I called today? Fobbed off again because "I've got to finish Bruce Anstey's leathers for the T.T." I'm now waiting for a cheque in the post so I can go and buy an off-the-peg set of leathers which probably won't fit properly.

I'm not saying for a minute that they're not an excellent product but if you're thinking of trying to buy a set - don't bother. As has been said elsewhere, if you're not a 'big name' your leathers will be at the bottom of a very long list.
2021 Thundersport Golden Era Geriatrics Champion
Dingle View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 18:29
Piss poor service that, regardless of how good they are that just takes the piss !
Be water, my friend.
koreanbaz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TDR No.1 Grass

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koreanbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 18:30
Fuuck em, when he goes bust he'll be crying and making excuses

Life is not a trial run!
Duraace View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duraace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 19:08
Similar experience of being fobbed off for me. Never returned phonecalls etc. Gave up in the end, couldn't give my money away!

Went to BKS instead. Total opposite. Suit delivered on time, exactly as promised.
john View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 19:09
Aye sounds like proper sh1te service Keith and a waste of 3 months,, let's hope karma comes his way ,, boiler break down and the plumber from hell
the trouble with being in a rat race is that when you win your still a rat
Trouble View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trouble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 19:30
Scott have always been a nightmare, I know a lot of people that have waited months over the promised delivery date.

Also most of the time the fit it pretty rubbish too. I was also measured by Jim for mine, and when they came they were far too big (even though it seemed like he took about 50 measurements). I called them and said they need to be taken in. I measured the relevant body parts myself and sent instructions.

When I got them back again they were still far too big, when I called them again they said they thought I must have measured wrong as the size seemed small, so they did the alterations to a larger size than I'd specified. Any normal Co would at least get you to call and double check, or make them to the size you said as they could then say it was your fault.

In the end I went somewhere else with them and go them altered again, the new person managed to get them right 1st time.

Edited by Trouble - 25 May 2016 at 19:32
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic