Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > Dealer/Suppliers Recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

intuition 1-2-1 Nemomoto

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juju74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: intuition 1-2-1 Nemomoto
    Posted: 03 August 2016 at 15:45
Hi guys i booked myself a intuition 1-2-1 with nemomoto at Cadwell Monday 1st August, I'm only novice rider with 13 track day experience, and I decided  to get help from a coach ( nemomoto ) as my confidence was a bit low after couple of falls already !!! I needed to get better with my riding as i though i was getting bad habits from the start ( to much youtube ). After a busy and intensive day of riding, i notice a massive difference with my ridding, position on the bike , entry corner, exit corner, passing the other bikes,  I have learnt a lots, he is a very nice guy, he teaches very well, he makes you understand what you are doing right and wrong, and he has even got a great sense of humourlol
When i got back home i couldn't wait to see the footage of the day, i compared my lap time from first time at Cadwell in May and the one with Nemomoto and it was an impressive 14 seconds better !!!!!!!!
So I will recommend Nemomoto to anyone who would like to progress a lot on their ridding and lap time too.
 It was worth every minutes and pennies too.
Massive thanks to Nemomoto.

Akrapovic View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akrapovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2016 at 22:39
Your story was believable till you said he's got a good sense of humour.

Glad to hear you had a good time and have progressed.
You only live once, but if you do it right then once is enough.
Ter_ View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ter_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2016 at 09:41
Good stuff!!
WildBeyond View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBeyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 15:32
Just adding here as well in case people don't read the future trackdays section......

I had my coaching on the Monday with Lee (Nemomoto), that was an eye opener. He summed it up best when someone asked him how I was doing early on: He's got one thing right, he's riding in the right direction!

The problem I wanted to work on was comfort on the bike as my upper body takes a beating as soon as I started to try and go a little faster, so I knew something was up with my riding style. What I didn't realise was that ALL of my riding style was wrong, the way I sat on it, entered the corners and existed them.

We'd go out, with him following me recording eveything, come in and have a debrief about how I felt, either change things or add something new and go back out again. The day was hard work with a lot of information to take in, but Lee was always patient and put his advice to me in a way I could understand, backing up his advice with diagrams and sound theory. I'd go out and try what he'd suggest and couldn't believe the difference.

On the OPL I spent the day putting all the advice into practice, little by little trying to put it into the subconscious, or at least the start of forming positive habits. I did a little timing, and whilst I'm not leaps and bounds faster I have 100 times more control of the motorcycle, I'm 100 times more comfortable and I managed to stay out for 45 minutes one time because I felt fine, which would never have happened before.

Lee has given me the building blocks to vastly improve my comfort and pace whilst remaining in control of the bike. It's now up to me to repeat until my confidence with these new found skills improves, I have essentially been reborn as a track rider.

For anyone considering this all I can say is do it, the sooner you do it the more return on investment you get as the longer you'll have to use the advice he (or any coach) will give.
You always have a choice
bigredd View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigredd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 16:09
Hi, can I ask what a day with him cost? I'd love to get some instruction.
WildBeyond View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBeyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 18:19
Check out his facebook page, it has pricing on there as it changes slightly per circuit. It's not a cheap day out but it's worth every penny.

So many times people have said on here the best thing to do is spend money on tuition and they're not wrong. I did CSS level 1 a number of years ago but 1-2-1 is many, many times better.
You always have a choice
nemomoto View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Formerly stinkwheel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemomoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 21:38
Originally posted by WildBeyond WildBeyond wrote:

He's got one thing right, he's riding in the right direction!

I think I jokingly used the phrase "Well at least you're sat facing the right way"

Thanks for the report. It was a pleasure working with you and seeing you finally begin to loosen up and enjoy yourself.thumbsup
The key to all success lies in the organisation of the non obvious
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic