Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > Dealer/Suppliers Recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

track fairings please read

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: track fairings please read
    Posted: 15 December 2016 at 12:49
I know this has been done to death, my apologies, I am after a company that can supply painted and decaled track fairings, with all the fasteners etc..  all I have to do is fit them when they arrive...and what kind of ball park figure are we looking at ? ..thank you

2008 Yamaha R6 13s btw

Edited by julesh - 15 December 2016 at 12:51
trackdaybob View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trackdaybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 12:55
That's no really how it works in my experience.
You buy some fairings, measure, cut, grind until it fits good. Then get it painted and decals done, then fit to the bike. 
I'm not aware of any company that does it all under one roof so to speak. Race bodywork rarely fits as well as the standard road stuff. Some does fit better than others though requiring less cutting, drilling, etc. 
ade View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 13:21
^^^ This.

Usually pain in the arse, overtime for the dremel & a lot of swearing in my experience.
"Living the Dream"
julesh View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 13:56
Originally posted by trackdaybob trackdaybob wrote:

That's no really how it works in my experience.
You buy some fairings, measure, cut, grind until it fits good. Then get it painted and decals done, then fit to the bike. 
I'm not aware of any company that does it all under one roof so to speak. Race bodywork rarely fits as well as the standard road stuff. Some does fit better than others though requiring less cutting, drilling, etc. 
yep I know was just trying to cut out a lot of work, I bought some pro fibre fairings last season after recommendations on here, they were a horrendous fit mad

Ok i'll rephrase the original question could anyone suggest a DECENT 13s track fairing supplier, who's moulds are nice new and clean and that doesn't require too much fettling to fit ?

Secondly recommendations for a company that I can send the fairings and my tank to for spraying and decaling to a good standard please
wrennus View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrennus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 13:59
buy high gloss finish fairings from superbike bodywork...
julesh View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 14:11
they only do upto 2006 2co on the R6 is the bodywork the same as the 13s ?
RedFrog View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 14:19
Was it profibre UK (www.profibre.co.uk) or in Slovenia (www.pro-fiber.com)? I have a fairing from the UK one for my ZX10R - very happy with the fit. I was careful fitting it but in the end all the pilot holes were in the exact right place thumbsup
 I switched to a CRC seat unit to stop faffing around with sticky foam and all though...
julesh View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 14:31
It was the uk company, old, old, worn out moulds and a lot of faffing, had to cut holes in the bellypan to fit my Arrows header pipes 
craig808 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 15:07
This guy https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001638514226 does really good decals. He is Dutch but speaks perfect English and from what I have seen and heard his decals are spot on. Some of his designs are IMO fantastic. If you contact him on Messenger he usually replies within 5-10 minutes.

With regard to fairings, all of the below seem to have a good reputation.

http://hifibre.co.uk/
http://www.bbplastics.co.uk/
http://www.crcfairings.co.uk/

With regard to painting I can't offer advice. Well I could but they are up here in sunny Yorkshire so a little too far for you I guess.

Alternatively you could paint them yourself, give you something to do over the winter months. Granted, it's not as good as riding your bike but at least your spending spending quality time with it :D

Edit: BB Plastics do a coloured option as well.

Edited by craig808 - 15 December 2016 at 15:08
If it doesn't move, but should - WD-40. If it does move, but shouldn't - Duct tape. If nothing else works - hit with hammer.
Johnsparks View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnsparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 15:17
I've got 13s race fairings on a 2co.
CRC, great fit. Had them on in an hour, no stress.
Mario View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 16:50
King Carbon (if they do them for your bike). I had 2 sets for my K4 600 from CRC. Neither of the CRC ones fit. Sent them back for a refund, bought from King Carbon, lined up and fitted like the factory bodywork. No drilling, no cutting, no messing. Just bolt on, take off, then paint.

I would buy from them, test fit, make sure you are happy, then send away for paint and re-fit upon return.

Oh, and they come with Dzus fastenets included and pre-fitted, so you don't even need to fit them.

http://www.kingcarbon.co.uk/
JOE77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 17:31
I always got mine from Mike at Racespares. always fitted very well.
Fat Men Don't Bounce....
771# Radial Line Racing...
http://www.radiallinesheetmetal.co.uk

sparky6800 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky6800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 17:40
I've had a few sets from mike and no real problems
All the gear, no idea....... but massive grin from ear to ear!!!!
Dingle View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 23:37
But 2nd hand genuine stuff off eBay ?
Be water, my friend.
Mitch636 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mitch636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2016 at 14:26
My King Carbon ones are spot on...
Incinerat0r View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Incinerat0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2016 at 18:36
Originally posted by julesh julesh wrote:

It was the uk company, old, old, worn out moulds and a lot of faffing, had to cut holes in the bellypan to fit my Arrows header pipes 

I recently bought some for my 13s R6 and also found the fit to be poor, didn't have issues with my headers (Akra) but the side panels are very tight around the reg/rec bracket and overflow bottle (standard ones). The seat unit is needing a bit of fettling to get on as well, there is also a large crack in the gel coat of the front fairing where the light would go on a road bike.

I have a set of CRC fairings which have been crashed a few times (that I have repaired) but I wanted a new/spare set for racing next season that were a bit cheaper. Wish I stuck with what I knew now, you get what you pay for I guess.

Edited by Incinerat0r - 16 December 2016 at 18:38
pirate View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2016 at 01:07
Hi Re your first question can you get R6 fairings all ready painted ive found a guy on Ebay whos doing gel coat in any colour you want you send him the RAL number im going to order a seat unit for my R6 & that is £50 extra to have it coloured
the Ebay item number for the seat unit is 121988176560 he has got loads of stuff listed says he supplies race teams give it a look see what you think.
BARTON View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARTON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 17:48
i recently bought form http://www.motoxpricambi.com/prodottiC.asp?language=EN&IDCat=1446&N=Racing%20Fairing%20Bodywork%20Painted%20Yamaha%20R1%20M%202015%202016%202017

Only drilled the holes were they were marked,., Expensive but fit perfect no faffing about and ready painted 
kylinder View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 10:31
There is an italian company on ebay that sell fairings painted and decalled up and supposed to be high quality. Whether they make stuff for your bike I don't know but they do the new R1 and ZX10.

Actually I think it's the company Barton mentioned above
BEMSEE Clubman 1000 2017 - 2nd
BEMSEE Rookie 1000 2016 - 1st
Gobert View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 12:24
If your bike still has all the oe brackets then what about a set of the chinese oe copies...........pretty sure I've read that some suppliers sell them with the headlight area filled in.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic