Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bike trailer semi collapsible

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2stop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bike trailer semi collapsible
    Posted: 08 January 2020 at 21:40
My semi collapsible galvanised single bike trailer stored in garage when not in use .
It was a copied version of a motolug by a guy that used to distribute for them then started making a copy himself (unbeknown to me).
Unfortunately shortly after i purchased it it folded up and tore a mounting clip underneath.
Long story short the guy ceased trading and moto lug had a case against him i believe.
Anyway i had the folding bed welded (by a local hgv trailer fabricator) so the bed no longer folds in half and the cross beam is permanently welded to it . I've used it ever since for several years.
I store the bed upright against the wall, the wheels detach as does the towing hitch section, the single sided rear light / numberboard is a moto lug item (the moto lug parts fit and you can buy them separately), this allows you to unload with the light board etc still attached.
the bed tilts for unloading the same as a moto lug trailer via the drilled holes at the towbar attachment end, although i used to carry a short plank as well as i found it easier to unload when on my own.
There is a rock over load hoop for solo loading, just roll the front wheel over it and it will hold the bike steady while you strap it down.
Bad points are the tatty steel mudguards which have been painted and could do with a tack of weld or could be replaced for the plastic moto lug jobs (that shake themselves to bits l.o.l)
Not been used for a year as i now use a van and have access to a relatives new motolug so this needs to go as i need the room or i would keep it.
Just pm me for any details, collection near peterborough, possible part delivery.
Before it goes on the bay (when i can face it...)
                                                                     £275.00

2stop View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2stop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2020 at 16:37
Comes with a spare wheel and tyre.
Will post pics later, all dimensions exactly same as Moto lug single bike trailer.
2stop View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2stop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2020 at 17:35

hitch section separates and has tilt settings for loading / unloading.

Apologies for the scrap of masking tape ! The old bungee cord holds the light board wire slack from getting tangled when it's all hooked up.

Edited by 2stop - 13 January 2020 at 08:11
2stop View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2stop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2020 at 16:51
Looks like a new moto lug (fully collapsible is £825.00)
Will go on the bay soon but too busy at mo.
2stop View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2stop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 18:22
bump, need the space.
2stop View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2stop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 16:07
Now Sold, cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic