Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > Dealer/Suppliers Recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nemo Moto Rider Development

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nemo Moto Rider Development
    Posted: 06 March 2020 at 12:57
I've never had 1 2 1 rider training before.

I've had sessions with Crafar and Plater a good few years ago, which I suppose put me off getting any more coaching.
Basically all it was a guide to the circuit and told to brake harder and gas it earlier.
Not their fault really as they had a pupil every session so didn't really have any time to talk.

At my recent trip to Almeria I was lucky enough to be next to Nemo in the garage.
We got talking about his coaching and how he was going to allocate more time to doing it and taking on more clients.

Obviously I started firing questions at him, and although he was there for a holiday, he answered all and even had a look at me for a few sessions.

What was refreshing was he took the time to explain why something was happening or why you should do something, not just do this and it will work.
It's so much easier when you understand something.
We talked about everything from body positioning to tyres, I was amazed at how much tiny details he got into.
It was a real eye opener.

Thanks Nemo thumbsup

nemomoto View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Formerly stinkwheel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemomoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2020 at 19:42
You’re very welcome Steve. It was a great feeling to be a part of you thinking more positively about riding and your 10 👍🏼
The key to all success lies in the organisation of the non obvious
hruntlefoot View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hruntlefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2020 at 11:44
Lee is brilliant on 1-2-1 coaching, I have used his services before on more than one trackday and my riding improved no end. I had one glorious session at Cadwell after lots of tuition and coaching at both Knockhill and then at Cadwell and, during that one session I was a riding God! I wasn't really, but I could barely put a foot wrong, getting it right is more than satisfying enough for me!

Originally posted by Steve C Steve C wrote:

I've never had 1 2 1 rider training before.

I've had sessions with Crafar and Plater a good few years ago, which I suppose put me off getting any more coaching.
Basically all it was a guide to the circuit and told to brake harder and gas it earlier.
Not their fault really as they had a pupil every session so didn't really have any time to talk.

At my recent trip to Almeria I was lucky enough to be next to Nemo in the garage.
We got talking about his coaching and how he was going to allocate more time to doing it and taking on more clients.

Obviously I started firing questions at him, and although he was there for a holiday, he answered all and even had a look at me for a few sessions.

What was refreshing was he took the time to explain why something was happening or why you should do something, not just do this and it will work.
It's so much easier when you understand something.
We talked about everything from body positioning to tyres, I was amazed at how much tiny details he got into.
It was a real eye opener.

Thanks Nemo thumbsup

Bike bought, ZX10R SE
Thumperbob2002 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thumperbob2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2020 at 12:13
I’ve booked Lee for the 16th at Cadwell. Would be good to get up to speed again. I find the last year or so I’ve just been overthinking my riding. Should be good, fingers crossed for the weather. 
Thumperbob2002 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thumperbob2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2020 at 20:29
Had a great day with Lee today at Cadwell. 
I have had instruction with many including Troy corser ( three three day events with him ), a one to one with James Westmorland and a few others including eskil suter etc. 

Lee stands head and shoulders above all these. The attention to detail, the structure of his coaching, his attitude- all superb. 
I’m a rider that will take instruction -sorry coaching- and will try whatever is advised. 
I will say that Lee understood what I wanted to achieve and even in 6 sessions at a very cold Cadwell, on sports touring tyres without warmers, I made more progress than in years with others. 
Today will be the first of many with Lee, unless he gets fully booked up, which is a real possibility. 
For those wondering about where to get those reductions in lap times, or like me, for those who want to go the same pace with less drama and more safety, try a day with Lee. You will be surprised what can be achieved by coaching. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic