Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > Dealer/Suppliers Recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

J&S THUMBS UP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dangle_kt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J&S THUMBS UP
    Posted: 29 October 2015 at 13:50
Just to say, went to J&S near the man city ground today with something that had developed a fault - top notch customer service.

Didnt make me feel like I was causing a problem like most shops do.

thumbsup

Hard to get decent customer service these days, so wanted to mention it.
gdog11 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdog11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 14:10
What developed a fault?
shick View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 14:49
wish i could say the same, bought some Arlen Ness boots from J&S Northwich.

I lost the ratchet locking mechanism off one of my boots, went to the shop asked about getting a replacement and told bluntly they can't get me one and no forthcoming info on where to get one from.thumbsdown
I expected a bit more help, or was i expecting too much? dunno

Shelves full of boots with same mechanisms on too

Don't use them anymore 
Dangle_kt View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dangle_kt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 16:58
They were the waterproof Frank Thomas boots. I was putting my foot in and the whole inside ripped and the padding all fell out.

He took one look, went and grabbed a replacement off the shelf and then we had a bit of a chat about bikes.

To be fair they are only a few weeks old, so he recognised me, but cracking service and a breath of fresh air!
dayz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dayz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 20:55
Glad to see a good write up i'd like to think its service like that and the type i try to provide in my store that leaves us as one of the largest remaining "retailers" - especially tricky up against all the larger (and yes, usually; cheaper, although usually - abroad) online shops.

Regarding the arlen ness boots however, sadly arlen ness went out of business a while ago, I know my shop personally no longer has any stock (bar a few leathers) and id certainly struggle to source spares from somewhere - I believe Moto Direct (agv/arai/rst etc) used to be the UK importer...

Only hope would be if i could figure out if something else has the same mechanism. Willing to give it a shot if you send me a picture/model of the boot.

Edited by dayz - 29 October 2015 at 20:56
Branch Manager(St Albans)
J&S Accessories
AGV Alpinestar Arai BKS Dainese Daytona Drift Forcefield Givi HJC IXS MucOff Nikwax RST Rukka Scala Schuberth Scorpion Shark Shoei Sidi Silkolene TCX WD40
Mad Matt View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 21:05
I would often visit J&S in Norwich and agree, their customer service was always very good...
shick View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 21:40
Dayz pm sent

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic