Forum Home Forum Home > RACING NEWS > Club Racing > No Limits Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Limits Racing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Clerk of the course
Clerk of the course
The Boss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Limits Racing
    Posted: 28 January 2016 at 17:57
Fill your boots :D
Mad Matt View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 17:58
Thanks Boss:)
2stop View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2stop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2016 at 19:59
Secondary engine case protection.
Sounds like its mandatory now (and a Good thing i believe)
Read the thread à few weeks ago on here about it but couldn't find it or was going to post in there .

Q. I have à set of expensive woodcraft casings with built in removeable stainless skid plates.
Surely i don't have to Bolt another protector onto thèse ?
Its 09 R6.
Or is it an émail mark direct job , cheers.
Doodles View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 09:05
I'm after a bit of help/advice as I'm in the process of getting my application processed and have lots of questions, so please bear with me,
I have a Triumph 657 and am looking to do just a couple of rounds this year, one of them being my local track Silverstone.....

1. Do I open up the online PDF entry form, complete the details and press "done" and is the form then automatically sent to NL?
2 do they then email back to acknowledge that my entry has been accepted?

i'm looking at entering the metzler 600 newcomers and the NL cup
3. Do I have to use Metzler control tyres for this or is this sponsor name for the series or can any tyre be used ?
4. My entry fee would therefore be £328 (£239 for 1st entry and then £89 for second) is this right?
5. would this get me 2 qualifying sessions ( one for each race on the Saturday) and then the 2 races?
6. How is Sunday structured? 2 more races with grid position determined where you finsished on Saturday or more qualifing sessions before hand?
err
Sorry for all the daft questions but I dont want to rock up on a Saturday and find I'm not entered into any races as I didnt do the appliaction properly!!
Mad Matt View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 09:11
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. If its the newcomers then yes.
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Qualifying before Sunday races
BenGTS View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 09:31
Doodles.. There is 2 races for each class each day so 8 races in total (if you doing 2 classes) Something to bear in mind, quite often you get 1 race Saturday and 3 on Sunday, so if you were doing 2 classes that could mean 6 races + 2 qualifying sessions on the Sunday
Doodles View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 10:21
Cheers Matt...

I will chase them up to get my memebership number then I can get myself entered!
Doodles View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 10:26
Cheers Ben...

Can't wait... this year is just to dip my toes in the water and see how I get on and then go on from there
Daimo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 10:29
Have a look on NL Racing page, there is a schedule for Oulton Park already up (see my other post, as I'm doing 2 classes).

All the other answers from Matt are correct, Meztler tyres are deffo needed (INC WETS!).

Although I've never heard of a Triumpt 657 lol ;)

Although you won't get into Oulton Park now as I think its fully booked, you would only get the additional class they have made up to get more numbers in.  Snetterton is still open, although don't be knicking my place as I've not booked it yet haha
http://bikersbitz.co.uk/
http://www.youtube.com/bikersbitz
Honda CBR600FX - No Limits PI Noob for 2016
Benelli Tornado Tre
Doodles View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 10:53
Hi Daimo,

not looking to do any rounds until after May this year as I'm looking at doing another race series too and need to get up to speed with their regs too.

Bit of bugger having to use the Metzler rain tyres too as I have a couple of pairs of wets, neither of which are metzler!!

In regards to the bike I thought I'd restrict it by a few CC !!;)
Mad Matt View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 11:32
Don't worry about the wets buddy, it will be all sunshine by Maysun
Daimo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 12:01
I had the same issue, got wets with good tread, and now having to buy metzeler wets, although I'm being a tight arse and are just looking for good depth tread scrubs on ebay.  I know everyone bangs on about older wets being rubbish, but my current wets are years old and work fine.  Just got a front 2007 tyre, loads of tread, looks in good condition, it'll be fine.  I'm not that fast engouh to worry lol.
Benelli Tornado Tre
JOE77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 14:25
Just had to book in super series 600 no room left in all other races.
that me getting mullared lol but it will be good fun to get out again, I'll be the one at the back taking in Oulton parks beautiful scenery..
Fat Men Don't Bounce....
771# Radial Line Racing...
http://www.radiallinesheetmetal.co.uk

Doodles View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 16:20
I will just be in the newcomers as only getting my ACU sorted out this month so will only be eligible for the novice and open.

Just need to get a few races done to get into it a bit, I will be picking and chosing one or two rounds this year to get a bit of experience. If there are any places left when I eventually get round to booking!
Stef7536 View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef7536 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 20:36
Just booked my entry for donington in May
Newcomers 600 and Cup 600. I'm suprised to see there are less than 10 spaces in the 600 cup, and it is fully booked in the 1000 cup!!!!
Roxy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2016 at 09:50
Originally posted by JOE77 JOE77 wrote:

that me getting mullared lol but it will be good fun to get out again, I'll be the one at the back taking in Oulton parks beautiful scenery..

See you on the grid. thumbsup
AVADA SOLUTIONS RACING
CRMC Classic racing on a Honda VFR750 and a Suzuki GSX 550, (Yes, I know) and anything else thats available.
KINDLY SPONSORED BY AVADA SOLUTIONS.
JOE77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2016 at 18:23
Originally posted by Roxy Roxy wrote:

See you on the grid. thumbsup

Piss taker you know there's a big hill on the starting grid, how am i going to see you from the bottom of it .

i will bob round with Peroni though after if you want one
Fat Men Don't Bounce....

Roxy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2016 at 18:57
Hmmmmm, Peroni

Feck the racing !
AVADA SOLUTIONS RACING
CRMC Classic racing on a Honda VFR750 and a Suzuki GSX 550, (Yes, I know) and anything else thats available.
KINDLY SPONSORED BY AVADA SOLUTIONS.
JOE77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2016 at 19:34
That's my boy Roxy get your priorities right lol.
Fat Men Don't Bounce....

koreanbaz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TDR No.1 Grass

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koreanbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 12:42

that me getting mullared lol but it will be good fun to get out again, I'll be the one at the back taking grass tracking on Oulton parks beautiful scenery..

Life is not a trial run!
koreanbaz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TDR No.1 Grass

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koreanbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 12:46
I think it will be a good series to watch.

But what happens if you are at the sharp end of the points, but the next race is full?

This seems rather harsh

Life is not a trial run!
Daimo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 16:01
All valid points, didn't realise the PI600/Cup class was running out of spaces already for Donnington.  So just filled in my forms for Snetterton and Donnington to be sure. 

Hope they don't take all the payments out at once, eeeeek.
Benelli Tornado Tre
Daimo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 16:02
Oh, btw, Peroni is my favourite beer, so also will be partaking in a little beverage or two in the evenings.

Actually Oulton will be quite good, hope its sunny, cos I finish at 2pm odd, so wanted to kick back and watch the endurance race.  :D
Benelli Tornado Tre
Doodles View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 16:51
How quick are NL at getting back to you??

I sent an email to them before Xmas and chased them up twice without any reply.

In the last week I have phone them 6 times to chase them up for my entries and club membership and everytime they confirm my email address and say they will send and email out to me later that day...
and here I am a week later and still nothingmad

DF Racing View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DF Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 16:58
It's all very shiny and electronic on the surface, but all they receive is an email with a completed PDF attached. They're a bit haphazard at processing them, but my confirmation emails came through within a couple of days. I'd get in touch mate. That's a long time to wait for confirmation. I really hope this is the last time they use this system. A message like "your document was sent successfully" would have been nice instead of wondering if your form has actually been sent whilst you watch the availability come down.
JOE77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 18:26
Originally posted by koreanbaz koreanbaz wrote:

that me getting mullared lol but it will be good fun to get out again, I'll be the one at the back taking grass tracking on Oulton parks beautiful scenery..

You are a dick
Fat Men Don't Bounce....

Mad Matt View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 18:35
The new system has worked very well for me, although with it being my first time i have nothing to compare it to...

Looking forward to the new season, meeting loads of new people and with luck some fantastic racing....
Daimo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 22:09
Originally posted by Doodles Doodles wrote:

How quick are NL at getting back to you??

I sent an email to them before Xmas and chased them up twice without any reply.

In the last week I have phone them 6 times to chase them up for my entries and club membership and everytime they confirm my email address and say they will send and email out to me later that day...
and here I am a week later and still nothingmad

I had a bit of a mare too.  They didn't put my email down, then they replied on facebook but then only sent me the ACU day.  I ended up calling them and making sure everything was sorted, and had them check all my other details.  I never got an official email, but was deffo confirmed as being booked.

I'd call them again next week, tell them whats happened so far, Im sure they will make sure your all sorted.
Benelli Tornado Tre
DF Racing View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DF Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2016 at 22:17
They've now added an "All Comers" class for those who are on the reserve list of Oulton Park.
Colonel_Klinck View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colonel_Klinck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 13:56
Keeping an eye on the races via TSL as I'm stuck in bed with the flu. Some very respectable laptimes going in. The standard at NLR just seems to be going up and up. Pretty much every singe grid is full. I can see them being the 2nd biggest club racing meet after Thundersport very very soon. 
NoLimits Open 1000s Endurance Champion 2013. No6 for the win!
trackdaybob View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trackdaybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 13:58
You could be right there CK. They seem to be going the right way about it
DF Racing View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DF Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 14:37
Don't forget that it's the shorter circuit
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colonel_Klinck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 14:39
Now if they could just steal Brands GP away from Bemsee. That would the icing on their cake. 
trackdaybob View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trackdaybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 14:50
Originally posted by DF Racing DF Racing wrote:

Don't forget that it's the shorter circuit

Oh yeah..........whistle
JOE77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 15:06
I'm in one peice
Got dick as suspected but it's a lovely day and it was good to blow the cobwebs out. Felt OK on the old girl and has a couple of good dices which was a bonus because I thought I'd be left for dead.
Fat Men Don't Bounce....

Steve C View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 17:35
Whats happened in the endurance ?
Harry Monk View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 18:10
Originally posted by Steve C Steve C wrote:

Loads of bikes went round in a circle for hours and nobody outside those entered had a clue who was leading

HTH
Twitter
@harrymonk96        @GARacing1
Steve C View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 18:23
Originally posted by Harry Monk Harry Monk wrote:

Originally posted by Steve C Steve C wrote:

Loads of bikes went round in a circle for hours and nobody outside those entered had a clue who was leading

HTH

Heard theres been 2 red flags and 2 air ambulances thumbsdown
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colonel_Klinck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 18:46
Was told someone hit the pitwall. He was one of the air ambulances. Hopefully everyone is ok. 
JOE77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 19:10
Jo was in one of the air ambulances this was paddock gossip though. Big crash at dears leap after a safety car definitely 138 was one of the bikes involved. Hope she ok not been able to find anything out.
A lot of eager people out there today 2 helicopters in one endurance race.
Big crash at the start as well hope everyone is ok from that one as well.
Fat Men Don't Bounce....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic