Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > Dealer/Suppliers Recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

notso-fast rider coaching

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: notso-fast rider coaching
    Posted: 29 September 2015 at 16:41
There's been a lot of posts on here about coaching/training of late and I'd like to add my recommendation for Gary who runs notsofast rider coaching (www.notso-fast.com) 
I first met Gary at the California Superbike School where he coached me through the Level 2 day at cadwell park. I'd learnt loads that day and really like Gary's personable character. A meeting at Donington earlier this year that i bumped into Gary and found out he'd setup notso fast rider coaching.
I'd already planned to do a level 4 at CSS, but decided i would take a punt and have a day with Gary instead. 

The first session was merely an observation session where Gary took a back seat (we'd chatted before the session about where i though my weak points were.) Gary assessed my on track performance and we came up with a plan and some direction on what we would work on throughout the day (a lot of other coaching days I have done have been very rigid so you don't get this opportunity.) Each session was recorded and i received feedback instantly when we came off track, whilst the session was still fresh in my mind on the video, which enabled us to determine what specific actions we would work on during the next session. The theory is discussed during the off track session and then an action plan put in place for the next session. 

I wont lie, it is hard work, the off track sessions are quite intense and theres a lot of information to take in, but i was amazed at Garys in depth knowledge. 

I've been sat looking through my before and after videos today and I'm really really happy with the progress I've made. 

If you would like to contact Gary and find out if a coaching session would be beneficial, you can get him on info@notso-fast.com
Bullet View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 17:08
Awesome result, he's a great lad is Gary.

AG
gdog11 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdog11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 17:50
Sounds like a top bloke, does the price include the TD?
NikT View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 18:13
+1
Highly recommended
2017 Thundersport Steelsport Championship 3rd place
2016 Thundersport 500 seniors championship 4th Place
2012 Derby Phoenix Steel Frame Cup 4th Place #78
2011 Derby Phoenix Pi600 Novice 2nd Place #78
2stop View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2stop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 21:05
Met him several times , as mentioned above nice fella and a good coach
koreanbaz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TDR No.1 Grass

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote koreanbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 21:18
All dodgy these CSS guys. And rather quick. 😎

Life is not a trial run!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic