Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > Dealer/Suppliers Recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oponeo - lower priced tyres

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote N8terider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oponeo - lower priced tyres
    Posted: 24 August 2014 at 08:31
£115 for a Metzeler K1 front & £154 K2 rear seemed pretty decent.
Am hoping this ain't a scam. Will report back when they arrive. Anyone else used this lot?

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre-details/metzeler-racetec-interact-120-70zr17-58-w-front-tl-m-c-k1-soft

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre-details/metzeler-racetec-interact-180-60zr17-75-w-rear-m-c-k2-medium#67657842

Ramplin View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramplin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2014 at 09:06
They are spot on mate I have used them loads of times, Tyre have always turned up with in a day or so 
N8terider View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8terider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2014 at 09:42
Originally posted by Ramplin Ramplin wrote:

They are spot on mate I have used them loads of times, Tyre have always turned up with in a day or so 

Awesome! moto
Merlin View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2014 at 09:46
Yep , reliable company , arrived really quickly
Jimbo View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2014 at 22:39
Originally posted by N8terider N8terider wrote:

£115 for a Metzeler K1 front & £154 K2 rear seemed pretty decent.
Am hoping this ain't a scam. Will report back when they arrive. Anyone else used this lot?

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre-details/metzeler-racetec-interact-120-70zr17-58-w-front-tl-m-c-k1-soft

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre-details/metzeler-racetec-interact-180-60zr17-75-w-rear-m-c-k2-medium#67657842

How did you get on fella, lim ooking to buy some Supercorsa's, cracking prices
N8terider View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8terider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2014 at 09:18
Yep, arrived quick enough. Although didn't take em with me on Saturday to Rockingham, chomped through my scrubs so had to bend over and pay £315 for a set
Jimbo View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2014 at 10:33
Oh dear

Thanks for the feedback on purchase though
ParkittRacingQuiet View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Site Sponsor - Bikes and Parts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkittRacingQuiet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2014 at 16:26
N8 - bit deceiving that..... at £315 sounds like a fitted price to me....
Race, Trackday and Road Bike servicing and Prep. ROAD & TRACK Tyres. Mobile Dyno Centre. OHLINS Sales, Service and Tech Centre. FB. Parkitt Performance Motorcycle Racing 01777 871 095
N8terider View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8terider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2014 at 18:38
Originally posted by ParkittRacingQuiet ParkittRacingQuiet wrote:

N8 - bit deceiving that..... at £315 sounds like a fitted price to me....

Rear only fitted loose, not front. +2.5% card fee. Still expensive bud, even without fitting

Edited by N8terider - 01 September 2014 at 18:39
ParkittRacingQuiet View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Site Sponsor - Bikes and Parts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkittRacingQuiet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2014 at 18:58
I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to forums........ as I like to put things into perspective for the small business but it often gets my moaned at.

as you know, we are a race vendor with Metzeler and there price is £3 above cost price..... I just don't know how they make it work other then being a loss leader or something like that.

just out of curiosity how much did you pay for the tyres? separately?

The transaction fee is fair if it was a credit card.... we now pass on CC charges as with margins so low we cannot absorb the fees we get charged but as growing business we have gotten out card fees a tad lower but a new or newish business will still have to pay high fees.

compared to Oponeo the prices are high.... but my prices are higher than theres but if we charged a margin of £3 on a front tyre we wouldn't be in business. Then again, they look like they have the potential to sell hundreds of tyres a day car, commercial and bike and can work on the QTY based margins. They make what the need to by selling large numbers.... great for them, poor for the small business  - especially those who make the effort to attend trackdays etc as without them there would be no support on the days as we would have been driven out of business in tyre price wars.

Cheap can be good in the short term but it can hurt in the long term........

Anyhow.... that me climbing down.

Just to note - this is not a 'dig' at you N8, just a general pass of comment on the prices etc.

T
Race, Trackday and Road Bike servicing and Prep. ROAD & TRACK Tyres. Mobile Dyno Centre. OHLINS Sales, Service and Tech Centre. FB. Parkitt Performance Motorcycle Racing 01777 871 095
Spence90 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spence90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2014 at 19:08
Originally posted by N8terider N8terider wrote:

Yep, arrived quick enough. Although didn't take em with me on Saturday to Rockingham, chomped through my scrubs so had to bend over and pay £315 for a set

I did exeactly the same but only needed the rear, £180 fitted to loose wheel with card fee.

I needed the tyre and the guy was a decent chap so didn't have a problem, only that I should have brought the tyre in the garage with me haha

Edited by Spence90 - 01 September 2014 at 19:33
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic