Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sold (finally!) - GSXR 750 K8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sold (finally!) - GSXR 750 K8
    Posted: 28 September 2016 at 12:02
Lovely Black GSXR 750 (09 plate) with 20677 Miles (may increase a little). I'm the 3rd owner.

Standard bike aside from:
Front braided lines
Brembo Serie Oro front discs and Brembo pads (fitted Oct 2015). 
Datatool Alarm (2 fobs)
Smartwiter (easy to transfer)
Stomp Grips
Rear seat cowl (have pillion seat + tribo seat cover)
Crash Bungs

Has slipper clutch, engine modes as standard. I have both keys, with key number tag too. 

I bought it from Allenby's in Chelmsford in July 2015 with just over 13k miles on it, so I've not gone far. Didn't have any service history, but the dealer told me the first owner sold it to his son, who then used it to commute. The son raced an R1, so used old race oil on the GSXR. It's in great condition and has clearly been well looked after. 

Allenby's changed the plugs, and gave it a service and new tyres when I bought it. 

In May 2016 (at 17726 miles), I had a full service (oil, coolant, brake fluid), incl. valve clearances done at Silverex in Braintree. All within spec and I have a sheet with the measurements on it. MOT expires June 2017 (no advisories). Also had the steering head bearings replaced in August 2016 (again at Silverex). I've got all the paperwork for services since I've owned the bike. 

It's had the master cylinder recall, and in April this year it went to Orwells to have a new Reg/Rec, as that had a recall too. 

There's a few marks here and there on the farings as you'd expect - the front mudguard has a bit of a scratch, and just under the left mirror on the faring has been scratched (by previous owner). There's a couple of spots on the swingarm by the shock where paint has flaked, and a couple of little marks by the chain adjusters, but that's it. 

Tyres are Bridgestone S21s, fitted in July 2016 so have plenty of life left. 

If you'd like any more pictures or have any questions, just ask. Viewings welcome, I'm in Halstead, Essex.

Reason for sale is that I'm just not comfortable on the bike anymore, possible arthritis in my hip means each ride has a few recovery days afterwards. 

�5000 ono. 

Edited by numnut - 27 June 2017 at 12:19
numnut View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2016 at 16:35
bump, still looking for a new home for this! 
numnut View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2017 at 10:55
bump again, still for sale and mileage updated.
Bladerideressex View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bladerideressex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2017 at 11:47
Looks tidy and I converted the same into my current track bike thumbsup

Have you tried posting it in the Essex Biker Facebook pages try find a more local road riding buyer? 
Too Old, Too Slow, Two Kids!

www.artridertraining.co.uk
www.realroads.co.uk
numnut View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2017 at 12:06
Cheers, 

I don't do FB so I'm probably missing out on some potential buyers there! Feel free to share on my behalf if you like! 
numnut View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 19:31
Have I overpriced this or is it still not quite the right time of year? It's on eBay and gumtree and I'm not really getting any interest at all...
Gingerrob View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gingerrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 20:36
May have a little but i feel i am also in the same boat with mine
numnut View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 09:42
I think maybe I need a little more patience! I am happy to listen to reasonable offers so I'm expecting the price to go down a bit.
chrisdubya View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 11:27
I've had very little interest on the bike I'm selling and its properly and competitively priced.  Time of year I think - not many people wanting to buy bikes when it's trying to snow.  Hopefully by the end of the month when the sun starts to shine people will get the itch and start splashing the cash
numnut View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 16:27
yeah, hopefully come 1st march it'll be buying season again!
weeksy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeksy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 10:48
what does we buy any bike say?

id go that +£500 to work out pricing

there are no buying seasons now. if priced right it will sell
https://revtothelimit.co.uk/index.php
numnut View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 12:11
We buy any bike are pretty low to be honest - 3200 ish. Most dealers I've spoken to about px have been around the 4200 mark... 

One dealer I spoke to this morning did say they'd retail it at the same price as I've got it listed on ebay (5150), so I'm thinking if I want rid then the price is going to come down a bit! 

weeksy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeksy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 12:28
Originally posted by numnut numnut wrote:

We buy any bike are pretty low to be honest - 3200 ish. Most dealers I've spoken to about px have been around the 4200 mark... 

One dealer I spoke to this morning did say they'd retail it at the same price as I've got it listed on ebay (5150), so I'm thinking if I want rid then the price is going to come down a bit! 

Sounds like it fella yes... PLenty of dealers will buy for cash, i've sold 4 bikes to my dealer for cash, OK, it's at PX money, but that's just how it is....
https://revtothelimit.co.uk/index.php
safe racing View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safe racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 13:03
fancy a swap on brutale 910r, pearl whit, black and red accents, very comfy? 10k on the clock!
2010 mv agusta 989r
1985 rg400
2005 husaberg 650 force
numnut View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 13:46
Originally posted by weeksy weeksy wrote:

Sounds like it fella yes... PLenty of dealers will buy for cash, i've sold 4 bikes to my dealer for cash, OK, it's at PX money, but that's just how it is....

Sounds like a price drop is on the cards then - £4800 ono anyone?

Originally posted by safe racing safe racing wrote:

fancy a swap on brutale 910r, pearl whit, black and red accents, very comfy? 10k on the clock!

Cheers, but it's cold hard cash I'm after (or a road rc8 or rr8 onwards non-abs Blade)
numnut View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 14:40
worth a go I guess...bump... 

Mileage is now at 22k
Standard can has been changed for an Akrapovic megaphone
New Oil in march. 

It's on Ebay...

Sensible offers accepted
numnut View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 12:19
:D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic