Trackday Riders Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > TDR ADVERTISER > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stunning 2007 R6 with huge spec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirklet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stunning 2007 R6 with huge spec
    Posted: 29 October 2014 at 23:28
Hello,

Advertising this bike for a friend, I can personally vouch for this bike, it's a minter ! See below for all the details, pictures can be had on request, just PM me for contact details.

Cheers

Scott

I have for sale my track R6 which is a 2007 year road bike that has been recently converted over to a track bike. Amazing looking bike (comments from loads of riders and even instructors) and c/w V5.
Fantastic looking fairings with black/red colour scheme and a bit of gold - stunning looking
Totally standard engine for reliability and peace of mind
Full MHP system
PCV and air filter
Set up on Dynojet giving respectable/reliable 114 rear wheel bhp
Black rearsets (Diamond I think) currently in race pattern but easyily changed to road shift
Harris black new adjustable clutch and brake levers
Trick shifter (now flat shifter) set up in race pattern but this can be changed to road by simply switching 2 wires
Ohlins steering damper with new black Harris fitting kit
WP racing cartridge kit in the better 08 forks and WP race shock - both currently set up with 95 springs (serviced and set up about 2 months ago by Actiforce racing) but spare 100 springs if heavier than say 12 stone ish?
Race switch on new SES clip ons. This allows for different maps and I think is programmable for numerous items - currently just used for the single map but could be programmed for say a baffle in map for quieter days
Last trackday was 28.10 at Cadwell and sound was 101db with no baffle
New brembo SC pads and oil and filter changed before the last trackday
New(ish) 520 chain and Renthal sprockets (-1F/-1R)
Currently has Dunlop GP racer D211 tyres (rear is a 190) which have done 3 Trackdays. I am an average Inters rider so plenty of life left in them
To my knowledge and after meticulously looking at the bike in great detail I cannot see that the bike has ever been involved in any accident/off.

History is of a road bike up to about 13k and then converted to a track bike. Current mileage is about 13800? from memory but can confirm

If any one is genuinely interested then pm me and I will take some good photos over the weekend and email them on. To conclude - this bike is specced like a top race bike but due to the standard engine is a track bike and a stunning one at that.

£5000 no silly offers thanks. I am in no hurry to sell the bike and have been advised to 'strip' the bike of most of its goodies as I would make far more that way eg
Full WP suspension set
Trick shifter
full MHP system with PCV and air filter
Harris clutch and brake levers
Rear sets
Racing button switch?
However I would prefer someone to get a stunning bargain and enjoy it next year.

Thanks

Note that I have decided to use my RSV4 APRC as my new toy. Getting too old for a 600 and can suddenly see the 'sense' in being very steady/safe in the corners and fast on the straights!!! "

Kirklet View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirklet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2014 at 15:56
Update to the advert, see below;

Just given the bike a quick clean and taken photos and noticed a number of things that I forgot in the original advert :

Accossato quick action throttle
The Harris clutch and brake levers are the folding type
Acumen gear indicator
Full GB Engine casing crash protectors
R &G crash bungs, paddock stand bobbins and sharks fin
Samco hose set in red
Keyless fuel cap
Stomp grip tank pads
Bike has the side stand still fitted foe ease on Trackdays

Cheers
Kirklet View Drop Down
fast Group
fast Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirklet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2014 at 18:14
Hello,

Couple of pics below and if you click the YouTube video you can see the bike in action last month, he's sat behind me at the 1.00 mark. :-)

http://youtu.be/03uW8SS5D_s
SoulOfUniverse View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoulOfUniverse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 09:59
A good bike mate, but do be honest mate for this price, you'll need provide dyno results of how good engine is, will make it better to sell it if it gives out clear 125 hp. Just an advice.
2017 BSB Supersport #23; ThundersportGB Elite 600 #23
2016 ThundersportGB Sportsman Elite 600 #51 (10th in Championship)
2014 No Limits Newcomers #15 (6th in Championship)
http://youtube.com/soufilms
SoulOfUniverse View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoulOfUniverse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 10:00
Originally posted by SoulOfUniverse SoulOfUniverse wrote:

A good bike mate, but to be honest a bit high price, this bike will need to have engine refreshed taking into account that it is giving only 114 hp, good luck with selling.
2017 BSB Supersport #23; ThundersportGB Elite 600 #23
2016 ThundersportGB Sportsman Elite 600 #51 (10th in Championship)
2014 No Limits Newcomers #15 (6th in Championship)
http://youtube.com/soufilms
Racekaby View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racekaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 18:15
I appreciate that it is not putting out 'race bike' power and that is why I advertised it as a track bike. I am an upper inters/lower fast group rider and I want my track bikes to be well specced and in mint condition. The reality of all of the race bikes is that :
They have ALL been down the road (many a number of times) and accordingly can be quite tatty
I always have the worry that the tuned engine will cost me £1000 tp £2000 when they need refreshing
This bike is specced as a good race bike but is in mint condition as it is from a road bike and doesn't come with the worry of what if re the tuned engine.
Horses for courses and I appreciate that the power output is of more importance to racers than what a bike looks like but for me the condition of a bike and a reliable low maintenance engine is higher up my priority list

Cheers david
craig808 View Drop Down
Racer
Racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 19:29
Fair points...I presume this is your bike David and not Scotts?
Racekaby View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racekaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 20:23
Yes my bike but for some reason I wasn't allowed to start a new topic?

Don't have any axe to grind as I am in no hurry to sell the bike and to be honest when I read back the spec there is a big part of me that questions selling it. But got a RSV4 APRC and if I don't use this on track then it is not going to be used. Plus at my advanced years it makes more sense to take it easy in the corners and use the power on the straights (and all the rider aids aren't a bad thing to have)

Cheers
ninja..ck View Drop Down
intermediates
intermediates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninja..ck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2014 at 08:47
I think it was more the title of huge spec r6 which threw people, i was too expecting to see a bike with like 135 brake rofl
Mitch636 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mitch636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2014 at 14:05
Looks fine to me and well worth the 5k. 
Racekaby View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racekaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2014 at 18:28
To be fair I do think that it has a great spec and I never suggested big bhp from a tuned engine. In fact quite early on I highlight that it is a standard engine for reliability and with 114 bhp. Can't be any more honest than that!

Cheers
Johnsparks View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnsparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2014 at 19:23
Why tune the balls of a TD bike, for it to implode. Nice bike mate.
Racekaby View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racekaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2014 at 11:17
Also included in the sale are the items detailed below - just in case anyone wants to convert it to a more basic track bike and sell on some of the goodies

Full original exhaust system c/w original air filter
Original clip ons with switch gear
Original throttle assy
Original brake and clutch levers
Original footrests
Spare set of brembo front brake pads Z04's I think

Cheers
Racekaby View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racekaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2014 at 15:47
Plus there is a spare set of painted and decal'd fairings which match those on the bike - undrilled. Seat unit is the standard type in black with a std seat from the road bike
Must be worth best part of £500 with the paint job and decals?

Cheers
aaronb View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaronb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2014 at 07:15
Nice bike
Racekaby View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racekaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2014 at 09:45
Been asked a few times the number of previous owners and checked the V5 and I am the 3'rd owner
Johnsparks View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnsparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2014 at 10:02
Were they female OAP's, who only ever rode to the local shop and back, for dog food for her 3 Yorkshire terriers?
Racekaby View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racekaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2014 at 12:18
Basically one owner who did about 13000 road miles over about 7 years. Then it was bought by a racer who did lots of the work in converting it over to a track bike. Unfortunately he was a bit too heavy for the R6 and decided he would be better suited to a thousand and hence he only had it a short while before selling it on.
Obviously I did the usual HPI full check on it to check no finance was owing and that it was not on any insurance registers etc and clean as it looks

Cheers
Racekaby View Drop Down
Novices
Novices

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racekaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 11:51
Bike now sold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic